Current Watches and Warnings
Alaska, Northeastern Brooks Range
Winter Storm Warning
Statement as of 10:38 PM AKDT on September 01, 2014
Expires 4:00 PM EDT on September 02, 2014
... Winter Storm Warning now in effect until noon akdt Tuesday...
The Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow is now in effect until
noon akdt Tuesday.
* Location... elevations above 3000 feet this evening... lowering to
1000 feet overnight. Heaviest snow east of the Dalton Highway.
* Snow... 3 to 5 inches. Storm total snowfall 6 to 9 inches.
* Blowing snow... south winds 15 to 25 mph gusting to 35 mph this
evening through passes will reduce visibility to one half mile
or less at times.
* Timing... the snow level will lower to 1000 feet overnight and
snow will diminish from west to east Tuesday morning. Strong
winds through passes will gradually diminish after midnight and
low visibility in blowing snow will improve.
* Impacts... travel and outdoor activities will be difficult.
A Winter Storm Warning means one or more significant winter
weather hazards are occurring or expected.
Statement as of 1:35 AM AKDT on September 02, 2014
... Daily rainfall record set at Fairbanks International Airport...
1.43 inches of rain fell yesterday at Fairbanks. This breaks the
previous daily rainfall record for the 1st of August of 0.69
inches set in 1953.
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory , High Surf Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Record Report
- California - Fire Weather Watch
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Special Statement
- Florida - Record Report
- Georgia - Record Report
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Illinois - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- Indiana - Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Kansas - Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Areal Flood Advisory
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maine - Dense Fog Advisory
- Massachusetts - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Montana - Flood Warning , High Wind Warning
- Nebraska - Flood Warning
- New Hampshire - Dense Fog Advisory
- New Mexico - Record Report
- New York - Special Statement
- North Carolina - Record Report
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Ohio - Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch
- Oklahoma - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Oregon - Fire Weather Watch
- Rhode Island - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- South Carolina - Record Report
- Tennessee - Record Report
- Texas - Coastal Flood Watch, Coastal Hazard Statement, High Surf Advisory , Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Virginia - Record Report
- West Virginia - Record Report
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Watch, Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Warning