Current Watches and Warnings
Alaska, Southern Seward Peninsula Coast
Statement as of 4:32 AM AKST on November 21, 2017
Expires 10:00 AM EST on November 22, 2017
... Blizzard Warning remains in effect until 6 am akst Wednesday...
* what... blizzard conditions occurring. Travel will be very
dangerous to impossible. Damage to power lines is possible.
Additional snow accumulations of 1 to 3 inches are expected.
* Where... southern Seward Peninsula coast.
* When... until 6 am Wednesday.
* Additional details... winds gusting as high as 55 mph will
cause whiteout conditions in blowing snow. Significant
drifting of the snow is likely.
A Blizzard Warning means severe winter weather conditions are
expected or occurring. Falling and blowing snow with strong winds
and poor visibilities are likely. This will lead to whiteout
conditions, making travel extremely dangerous.
Coastal Flood Warning
Statement as of 5:30 AM AKST on November 21, 2017
Expires 4:00 PM EST on November 22, 2017
... Coastal Flood Warning remains in effect from 3 PM this
afternoon to noon akst Wednesday...
* location... Golovin.
* Coastal flooding... storm surge and tides will combine to raise
sea levels 7 to 9 feet above normal high tide line. Expect
additional wave run up along exposed coastlines.
* Timing... southeast winds 30 to 40 mph becoming south this
afternoon, then southwest late this evening. Winds will diminish
Wednesday morning. Highest water levels will be this evening
into early Wednesday morning.
* Impacts... major erosion is expected with this storm along the
coast. In Golovin... the old runway will become inundated.
Water levels will rise high enough to impact all areas
northwest of the Post office, including the school. Residents
should prepare by moving valuables well above the normal high
A coastal Flood Warning means that rising sea water that causes
flooding is expected. Coastal residents in the warned area should
be alert for rising water and take actions to protect life and
- Alaska - Coastal Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory , Blizzard Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Arkansas - Record Report
- California - Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement , Hydrologic Statement
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Idaho - Dense Fog Advisory
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Iowa - Wind Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement , Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Storm Surge Warning, Tropical Storm Warning
- Maryland - Public Information Statement
- Massachusetts - Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Lakeshore Flood Advisory , Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Missouri -
- Montana - High Wind Warning , Wind Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Nevada -
- New Mexico -
- New York - Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement , Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Ohio - Flood Warning
- Oregon - Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Pennsylvania - Public Information Statement
- Puerto Rico - Flash Flood Watch
- Tennessee - Public Information Statement , Public Information Statement
- Texas - Tropical Storm Warning , Storm Surge Watch, Tropical Storm Warning
- Vermont - Public Information Statement
- Virginia -
- Washington - Areal Flood Watch , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Wisconsin - Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - High Wind Watch
- - Small Craft Advisory