Current Watches and Warnings
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 9:32 PM CDT on June 17, 2013
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on June 18, 2013
... Flash Flood Watch in effect from 12 am CDT Tuesday morning through
7 PM CDT Tuesday evening...
The National Weather Service in Huntsville has issued a
* Flash Flood Watch for portions of Alabama and southern middle
Tennessee... including the following areas... in Alabama...
Colbert... Franklin al... Lauderdale... Lawrence... Limestone...
Madison and Morgan. In southern middle Tennessee... Franklin
TN... Lincoln and Moore.
* From 12 am CDT Tuesday morning through 7 PM CDT Tuesday evening.
* A very moist air mass... saturated soils... and the high probability
of thunderstorms with heavy rainfall developing overnight and
continuing through the day Tuesday will lead to the potential for
flash flooding. Rainfall amounts of 1 to 2 inches... but isolated
amounts of 3 to 4 inches are possible.
* Some low water crossings may be flooded due to excessive runoff or
streams and creeks overtopping their banks. Some areal flooding on
saturated soils could also overflow onto some roadways.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
- Alabama - Flash Flood Watch
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Arizona - Fire Weather Warning
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- California - Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch
- Florida - Record Report
- Georgia - Flood Warning
- Idaho - Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Beach Hazard Statement
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning
- Kentucky - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Areal Flood Advisory
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Maryland - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- Massachusetts - Flood Warning
- Michigan - Flood Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Areal Flood Advisory , Flood Advisory
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Montana - Flood Warning
- Nebraska - Areal Flood Advisory
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- New Mexico - Fire Weather Watch
- North Carolina - Flood Warning
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- South Carolina - Flood Warning
- South Dakota - Flood Warning
- Tennessee - Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Flood Advisory
- Texas - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Virginia - Areal Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Washington - Record Report
- West Virginia - Special Statement
- RT @IanCBS13: Oooo! Nice golden #sunset seen from our Downtown #Sacramento camera. #cawx fb.me/O1fiWUDx 1 day ago
- I'm not sure you could ask for a more lovely spring afternoon than the one we've got here in #NorCal - forecast in 5 http://t.co/uySGkUfKVZ 6 days ago
- Over 3000 lightning strikes with today's unsettled weather. Great pics at 4, 5 and 6 pm...see you then. 1 week ago
- Top10 Vegetarian-Friendly MinorLeague Ballparks bit.ly/169Y4ra Go #RaleyField! Can't wait to chow down @RiverCats Sat night! #veggie 10 hours ago
- RT @D3PIO: TRAFFIC ALERT: Multiple vehicle collision on Westbound I-80 just west of Northgate. All lanes blocked. Seek alternate route. No… 14 hours ago
- It's just another manic Monday... but we'll help you get it off to a good start! Join @AudreyAsistioTV and me now @CBSSacramento #news #cawx 16 hours ago
- Who knew? #Sacramento area ballpark makes #vegi friendly list. fb.me/Gp64013o 10 hours ago
- RT @CAL_FIRE: #CarstensFire [update] east of Hwy 140 in the Midpines area (Mariposa County) is at 900 acres & 15% contained. http://t.co/CZ… 10 hours ago
- RT @SacramentoMs: @IanCBS13 Hi! Would you mind RTing us to your followers to let them know of our baseball summer league here in Sac? 12 hours ago
View your local ocean forecast and tides in our Marine Report.
See the latest severe weather alerts from the National Weather Services, locally and nationally, in our Severe Weather Center.