Current Watches and Warnings
Flash Flood Warning
Statement as of 7:17 AM CDT on May 23, 2018
727 am EDT Wed may 23 2018
... The Flash Flood Warning remains in effect until 915 am CDT for
eastern Lee County...
At 712 am CDT, Lee County emergency management reported flash
flooding across eastern Lee County, especially in and around Smiths
Station. Several bridges have been washed away, several roads are
impassable, and water has entered a few homes. Please stay off the
roadways in and around this area and never drive into water of
unknown depth. Most of the heaviest rain has moved into Georgia but
some showers are still around. Additionally, the Chattahoochee River
is also rising and this will keep the flooding going on longer due
to runoff issues.
.Three to six inches of rain have already fallen with isolated
higher totals. Flash flooding is already occurring.
Some locations that will experience flooding include...
Opelika, Smiths, Smiths Station, Beulah, Beauregard, Bleecker, Beans
Mill, Griffen Mill, Ladonia, Monterey Heights and Mount Jefferson.
Turn around, don't drown when encountering flooded roads. Most flood
deaths occur in vehicles.
Lat... Lon 3251 8500 3251 8506 3247 8506 3247 8532
3260 8542 3273 8545 3273 8543 3274 8543
3273 8540 3273 8529 3275 8528 3274 8512
3269 8512 3266 8509 3265 8511 3263 8508
3262 8509 3258 8507
The National Weather Service in Peachtree City has issued a
* Flood Warning for
the Chattahoochee River near Columbus.
* From this morning until late tonight.
* At 7am Wednesday the stage was 26.4 feet... and
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 27.0 feet.
* Forecast to rise above flood stage this morning and continue to
rise to near 27.7 feet by this afternoon.The river will fall below
flood stage by this evening.
* At 28 feet... minor flooding continues along the river upstream
and downstream from the gage on the 14th street bridge. Portions of
the river walk in Columbus will be flooded around one foot deep and
closed to the public. The Phenix City amphitheater on the Alabama
side will begin to flood.
Lat... Lon 3259 8511 3262 8505 3251 8496 3238 8495
3238 8502 3250 8503
Dense Fog Advisory
Statement as of 7:30 AM CDT on May 23, 2018
Expires 10:00 AM EDT on May 23, 2018
... Dense fog advisory now in effect until 9 am CDT this morning...
* visibility... 1/4 mile or less
* impacts... dense fog will reduce visibility causing hazardous
A dense fog advisory means visibilities will frequently be
reduced to a quarter mile or less. If driving, slow down, use
your low beam headlights, and leave plenty of distance ahead of
- Alabama - Flood Warning, Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Alaska - Special Statement , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Fire Weather Warning , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Hawaii - Special Statement
- Idaho - Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Kentucky - Special Statement
- Louisiana -
- Maine - Frost Advisory
- Michigan - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory
- Minnesota - Areal Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Mississippi - Dense Fog Advisory
- Missouri - Flood Warning
- Montana - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch
- Nevada -
- New Mexico -
- New York - Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Record Report
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Ohio - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning
- Pennsylvania - Record Report
- South Carolina - Public Information Statement
- Tennessee - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Texas - Tropical Storm Warning , Storm Surge Watch, Tropical Storm Warning , Special Statement
- Virginia - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning
- Washington - Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning
- Wisconsin - Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Wyoming - Areal Flood Watch