Current Watches and Warnings
Alabama, Lower Baldwin
Coastal Hazard Statement
Statement as of 5:58 AM CDT on May 04, 2015
Expires 8:00 AM EDT on May 06, 2015
... High rip current risk in effect through Wednesday morning...
The National Weather Service in Mobile has issued a high rip
current risk... which is in effect through Wednesday morning.
* Timing... today through Wednesday morning
* impacts... dangerous swimming conditions can be expected due to
the presence of stronger and more frequent rip currents.
There is a high risk of rip currents.
Rip currents are powerful channels of water flowing quickly away
from shore... which occur most often at low spots or breaks in The
Sandbar and in the vicinity of structures such as groins...
jetties and piers. Heed the advice of lifeguards and the beach
patrol. Pay attention to flags and posted signs.
If you become caught in a rip current... do not panic. Remain calm
and begin to swim parallel to shore. Once you are away from the
force of the rip current... begin to swim back to the beach. Do
not attempt to swim directly against a rip current. Even a strong
swimmer can become exhausted quickly.
- Alabama - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Alaska - Frost Advisory
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - High Surf Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Special Statement
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement , Fire Weather Warning
- Georgia - Flood Warning
- Kansas - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maine - Fire Weather Warning
- Massachusetts - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement
- Michigan - Record Report
- Mississippi - Flood Warning
- Missouri - Areal Flood Advisory
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory
- Nebraska - Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- New Hampshire - Fire Weather Warning
- New Jersey - Fire Weather Warning
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Watch
- New York - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement
- North Carolina - Beach Hazard Statement
- North Dakota - Flood Warning , Frost Advisory
- Oregon - Special Statement
- Pennsylvania - Fire Weather Warning
- Rhode Island - Special Statement
- South Carolina - Flood Warning
- Texas - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Hydrologic Statement
- Vermont - Special Statement
- Washington - Special Statement
- Wyoming - Dense Fog Advisory
- - Small Craft Advisory