Current Watches and Warnings
California, North Coast Interior
High Wind Warning
Statement as of 10:55 PM PDT on October 24, 2014
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on October 25, 2014
... High Wind Warning in effect until 5 PM PDT Saturday...
The National Weather Service in Eureka has issued a High Wind
Warning... which is in effect until 5 PM PDT Saturday. The Wind
Advisory is no longer in effect.
* Timing... through Saturday afternoon with peak winds in the
morning hours of Saturday.
* Winds... sustained 30 to 45 mph with gusts around 60 mph.
Isolated mountains may gust as high as 70 mph.
* Impacts... these winds will cause branches to fall from trees...
likely toppling some trees... and create some power outages.
Winds will also cause difficulty driving... especially for high
profile vehicles. Strong gusts may cause fences to blow down and
cause debris to fly through the air.
A High Wind Warning means a hazardous high wind event is expected
or occurring. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or gusts
of 58 mph or more can lead to property damage.
- Arizona - Record Report
- California - High Surf Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning, Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Wind Advisory , Special Statement
- Illinois - Dense Fog Advisory
- Iowa - Dense Fog Advisory
- Kansas - Record Report
- Minnesota - Record Report
- Missouri - Dense Fog Advisory
- Montana - Record Report
- Nebraska - Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- North Carolina - Frost Advisory , Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , High Wind Warning, Wind Advisory
- Texas - Air Quality Alert
- Utah - Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Virginia - Frost Advisory
- Washington - Wind Advisory
- West Virginia - Frost Advisory
- Wyoming - High Wind Watch , Record Report