Current Watches and Warnings
California, San Luis Obispo County Central Coast
Beach Hazard Statement
Statement as of 5:26 PM PDT on June 24, 2016
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on June 25, 2016
... Beach hazards statement remains in effect through Saturday
* hazards... surf 6 to 8 feet will continue along south facing
beaches through Saturday. Strong rip currents are expected at
area beaches through Saturday and may persist into Sunday.
* Tide... a high tide of near 5 feet is expected around 1:15 am PDT
* Impacts... there is an increased risk of ocean drowning. Rip
currents can pull swimmers and surfers out to sea. Sneaker
waves can suddenly wash people off of rocks and jetties.
A beach hazards statement is issued when threats to beach and
surf zone safety are expected or occurring. Caution should be
used when in or near the water. Stay near occupied lifeguard
towers and never swim alone. If caught in a rip current... swim
parallel to the shore.
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 12:09 AM PDT on June 25, 2016
... 24 hour wind gust summary...
Location speed time/date elevation (ft.)
... Santa Ynez Valley...
Sedgwick Reserve, Santa Ynez 36 mph 0300 PM 06/24 1153
... Santa Clarita valley...
Saugus 42 mph 1257 PM 06/24 1450
... Santa Barbara County South Coast...
Refugio hills 43 mph 0706 PM 06/24 1464
San Marcos Pass RAWS 35 mph 0706 PM 06/24 1491
... Santa Barbara County central coast...
pt. Conception lighthouse 43 mph 0510 PM 06/24 24
Jalama beach 40 mph 0611 PM 06/24 29
Santa Maria apt. 36 mph 0240 PM 06/24 242
... Los Angeles County San Fernando Valley...
Malibu Cyn. 38 mph 1256 PM 06/24 609
... Los Angeles County mountains excluding the Santa Monica range...
Sandberg 68 mph 0950 PM 06/24 4510
Whitaker Peak 66 mph 1157 PM 06/24 4120
Warm Springs 50 mph 0653 PM 06/24 4930
... Antelope Valley...
Poppy Park 54 mph 0556 PM 06/24 2759
Lancaster Fox Field 45 mph 0548 PM 06/24 2351
Palmdale apt. 39 mph 0418 PM 06/24 2543
neenach 37 mph 1130 PM 06/24 2960
Observations are collected from a variety of sources with varying
equipment and exposures. Not all data listed are considered official.
- Alabama - Heat Advisory
- Alaska - Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Air Quality Alert , Public Information Statement
- California - High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory , Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Illinois - Air Quality Alert
- Indiana - Air Quality Alert
- Iowa - Flood Warning
- Kentucky - Special Statement , Air Quality Alert
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Michigan - Air Quality Alert
- Minnesota - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flood Warning , Heat Advisory , Special Statement
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory
- New Mexico - Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Wind Advisory
- Ohio - Flood Warning
- South Carolina - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- South Dakota - Wind Advisory
- Tennessee - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Texas - Flood Warning
- Virginia - Flood Warning
- Washington - Record Report
- West Virginia - Areal Flood Warning
- Wisconsin - Special Statement
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning