Current Watches and Warnings
California, San Luis Obispo County Interior Valleys
Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 10:56 PM PDT on October 27, 2016
Expires 3:00 PM EDT on October 28, 2016
541 PM PDT Thu Oct 27 2016
The National Weather Service in Oxnard has issued a
* Urban and Small Stream Flood Advisory for...
San Luis Obispo County in southwestern California...
* until 200 am PDT
* at 1055 PM PDT... Doppler radar indicated another area of moderate
to locally heavy showers moving into San Luis Obispo County... mainly
western portions. Rainfall rates of one quarter to one third of an
inch can be expected... except local amounts over one half inch per
hour near thunderstorms.
* Urban roadway flooding and minor debris flows in recent burn areas
can be expected in the advisory area. A Flash Flood Watch remains
in effect for the recent burn areas due to the potential for more
significant flash flooding and debris flows.
* Some locations that will experience flooding include...
San Luis Obispo... Morro Bay... Pismo Beach... Arroyo Grande...
Nipomo... Cambria... Grover Beach... Guadalupe... Shell Beach...
Cayucos... Diablo Canyon... Hearst Castle... Avila Beach...
Do not drive your vehicle into areas where the water covers the
roadway. The water depth may be too great to allow your car to cross
safely. Move to higher ground.
A Flood Advisory means river or stream flows are elevated... or
ponding of water in urban or other areas is occurring or is imminent.
Do not attempt to travel across flooded roads. Find alternate routes.
Lat... Lon 3579 12019 3561 12019 3561 12009 3544 12000
3544 11988 3527 11981 3526 11967 3518 11967
3518 11956 3509 11956 3507 11947 3490 11948
3511 12008 3501 12033 3490 12031 3499 12049
3489 12065 3485 12061 3485 12062 3580 12135
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect for the recent burn areas
through Friday morning...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* the recent burn areas of the San Luis Obispo County central
coast... San Luis Obispo County interior valleys and Santa
Barbara County central coast.
* Through Friday morning
* heavy rain and thunderstorms are possible tonight through
Friday morning. Downpours with rainfall rates of one- half to
one inch per hour could lead to the first mud and debris flows
of the season near recent burn areas.
* Debris flows will be a threat as well... especially in and
below recently burned areas.
Flash flooding and debris flows will be a particular threat in
and below the recently burned areas.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
Southern California residents... in or below the recently burned
areas are urged to take the steps necessary to protect their
property. Persons in the watch area should remain alert and
follow directions of emergency preparedness officials.
- Alaska - High Surf Advisory , High Wind Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Record Report
- California - Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Watch , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Delaware - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement , Beach Hazard Statement
- Idaho - Record Report
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Kansas - Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Maine - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- Maryland - Public Information Statement
- Massachusetts - Wind Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Record Report
- Montana - Record Report
- Nebraska - Flood Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Flash Flood Watch , Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- New Hampshire - Special Statement
- New Jersey - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- New Mexico - Record Report
- New York - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Dense Fog Advisory
- Oregon - Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Public Information Statement
- Puerto Rico - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Rhode Island - Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- South Carolina - Flood Warning
- South Dakota - Record Report
- Texas - Record Report
- Utah - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Vermont - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Special Statement
- Washington - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Record Report
- Wyoming - Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report