Current Watches and Warnings
California, Ventura County Coastal Valleys
Excessive Heat Watch
Statement as of 2:29 PM PDT on October 19, 2017
Expires 11:00 PM EDT on October 24, 2017
... Excessive heat watch in effect from Monday morning through
The National Weather Service in Los Angeles/Oxnard has issued an
excessive heat watch, which is in effect from Monday morning
through Tuesday evening.
* Temperatures... 100-106 degrees, warmest on Tuesday. Overnight
lows in the upper 60s and 70s. Isolated lower 80s possible in
the foothills and mountains.
* Impacts... the very high temperatures create a dangerous
situation in which heat illnesses are possible. Temperatures
inside vehicles, even if the windows are partially open, can
quickly rise to life-threatening levels.
Never, ever, leave people or pets in enclosed vehicles, even for
a short period of time.
Take extra precautions if you work or spend time outside. When
possible, reschedule strenuous activities to early morning or
evening. Know the signs and symptoms of heat exhaustion and heat
stroke. Wear light weight and loose fitting clothing when
possible and drink plenty of water.
To reduce risk during outdoor work the occupational safety and
health administration recommends scheduling frequent rest breaks
in shaded or air conditioned environments. Anyone overcome by
heat should be moved to a cool and shaded location. Heat stroke
is an emergency - call 911.
Fire Weather Watch
Statement as of 1:27 PM PDT on October 19, 2017
Expires 9:00 PM EDT on October 24, 2017
... Fire Weather Watch in effect from Sunday morning through
Tuesday afternoon for gusty northeast winds and low relative
humidity for the Ventura County valleys... San Fernando Valley...
and Santa Monica Mountains...
The National Weather Service in Los Angeles/Oxnard has issued a
Fire Weather Watch for gusty northeast winds and low relative
humidity... which is in effect from Sunday morning through Tuesday
* Winds... areas of north to northeast winds 15 to 25 mph with
gusts 30 to 40 mph on Sunday... increasing to 15 to 30 mph with
gusts 35 to 45 mph.
* Relative humidity... minimum values 10 to 15 percent on Sunday,
lowering to between 6 and 12 percent Monday through Tuesday.
Very poor humidity recoveries expected each night in the
foothills and wind prone areas.
* Temperatures... .Max temperatures 88 to 95 degrees on Sunday,
rising to between 95 and 105 degrees Monday into Tuesday. Very
warm overnight low temperatures in the foothills and wind prone
areas... remaining 75 to 80 degrees in warmest locations.
A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions
are forecast to occur. Listen for later forecasts and possible
red flag warnings.
- Alabama - Public Information Statement , Public Information Statement
- Alaska - High Surf Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory
- Arizona - Wind Advisory , Air Quality Alert
- California - High Surf Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning, Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Excessive Heat Watch , Wind Advisory, Excessive Heat Watch , Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Beach Hazard Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Special Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Warning, Coastal Hazard Statement , Coastal Flood Statement , Coastal Hazard Statement , Coastal Flood Advisory
- Georgia - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory
- Idaho - Wind Advisory , Special Statement
- Illinois -
- Indiana -
- Iowa - Flood Warning
- Kansas - Wind Advisory
- Louisiana - Storm Surge Warning, Tropical Storm Warning
- Maine - Special Statement
- Massachusetts - Special Statement
- Michigan -
- Minnesota - Flood Warning
- Missouri -
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement
- New Jersey - Special Statement
- New Mexico - Special Statement
- New York - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina -
- Ohio -
- Oregon - Flash Flood Watch, High Surf Advisory , High Surf Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , High Wind Warning, Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory
- Pennsylvania -
- Puerto Rico - Flash Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement
- Rhode Island - Special Statement
- South Dakota - Fire Weather Warning
- Texas - Tropical Storm Warning , Storm Surge Watch, Tropical Storm Warning , Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Utah - Record Report
- Vermont - Special Statement
- Virgin Islands - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Virginia -
- Washington - Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch, High Surf Advisory , High Surf Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Wisconsin -
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement