Current Watches and Warnings
California, San Bernardino and Riverside County Valleys-The Inland Empire
Statement as of 4:06 AM PDT on September 26, 2016
Expires 11:00 PM EDT on September 26, 2016
... Heat advisory remains in effect until 8 PM PDT this evening...
* temperatures for San Diego County coastal areas... highs in the upper
80s near the coast to around 100 near The Mesas.
* Temperatures for inland Orange County and the inland
Empire... highs ranging from 100 to 105 for inland Orange County and
the western inland Empire to around 100 in far eastern sections
of the inland Empire.
* Temperatures for the Santa Ana Mountains... highs in the 90s.
* Impacts... overexposure to heat could lead to heat illness
especially for people at risk... including the elderly and
children. Pets are also at risk.
Take extra precautions if you work or spend time outside. When
possible... reschedule strenuous activities to early morning or
evening. Know the signs and symptoms of heat exhaustion and heat
stroke. Wear light weight and loose fitting clothing when
possible and drink plenty of water.
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 4:36 AM PDT on September 26, 2016
Expires 6:00 PM EDT on September 26, 2016
... Red flag warning remains in effect until 3 PM PDT this
afternoon for strong gusty winds and low humidities...
* winds... areas of northeast to east winds 15 to 25 mph with
gusts to 40 mph... with gusts to 50 mph below the Banning pass.
* Relative humidities... lowest of 6 to 10 percent.
* Outlook... increasing humidities... decreasing winds... and cooling
for Tuesday into Wednesday.
* Impacts... any fires that start may exhibit extreme fire
behavior and spread rapidly. Outdoor burning is not
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and heat will contribute
to extreme fire behavior.
Statement as of 5:31 PM PDT on September 25, 2016
... Highest maximum temperature records broken or tied on Sep 25 2016 ...
Location new record old record period of record
Chula Vista 100 tied 100 in 1989 1918
El Cajon 99 tied 99 in 2001 1979
- Alabama - Record Report
- Alaska - Winter Weather Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Arizona - Wind Advisory
- Arkansas - Record Report
- California - Wind Advisory , Heat Advisory, Wind Advisory , Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Colorado - Frost Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Flood Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- Indiana - Record Report
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Kansas - Flood Warning , Frost Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Record Report
- Louisiana - Record Report
- Maine - Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Nebraska - Frost Advisory , Public Information Statement
- New Hampshire - Public Information Statement
- New Mexico - Wind Advisory
- North Carolina - Flash Flood Warning , Record Report
- South Dakota - Frost Advisory
- Tennessee - Record Report
- Texas - Flood Warning, Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Record Report
- Virginia - Record Report
- West Virginia - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Flood Warning , Flood Watch
- - Small Craft Advisory