Current Watches and Warnings
California, West Slope Northern Sierra Nevada
Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 2:58 PM PST on December 18, 2014
Expires 1:00 AM EST on December 20, 2014
... Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 4 am to 10 PM PST
Friday above 6000 feet...
The National Weather Service in Sacramento has issued a Winter
Weather Advisory above 6000 feet for snow... which is in effect
from 4 am to 10 PM PST Friday.
* Snow accumulations: 3 to 6 inches.
* Elevation: above 6000 feet.
* Timing: heaviest snow will occur Friday morning into Friday
* Locations include: Lassen National Park... Interstate 80 and
highways 50 and 88.
* Winds: south 5 to 15 mph with gusts up to 35 mph.
* Impacts: Road conditions will be slick due to snow. Travel
delays expected with chain restrictions.
* For a detailed view of the hazard area... visit
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow
will cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow
covered roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while
Interact with US via social media
- Arizona - Public Information Statement
- American Samoa - Flash Flood Watch
- California - High Surf Advisory, Coastal Flood Advisory , High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory
- Colorado - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- District of Columbia - Public Information Statement
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Special Weather Statement
- Kansas - Special Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Watch
- Maryland - Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- Minnesota - Special Statement
- Missouri - Dense Fog Advisory
- Montana - Winter Weather Statement , Dense Fog Advisory
- Nebraska - Special Statement
- New Mexico - Winter Weather Advisory
- New York - Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- Ohio - Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- Oregon - High Surf Advisory , Special Statement
- Pennsylvania - Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- South Dakota - Special Statement
- Utah - Special Statement
- Vermont - Special Statement
- Virginia - Public Information Statement
- Washington - High Surf Advisory, Coastal Flood Watch , High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Air Stagnation Advisory , Special Statement
- West Virginia - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Wisconsin - Areal Flood Warning , Special Weather Statement
- Wyoming - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement