Current Watches and Warnings
California, Northern Monterey Bay
Beach Hazard Statement
Statement as of 5:50 PM PDT on September 17, 2014
Expires 8:00 AM EDT on September 18, 2014
... Beach hazards statement remains in effect until 5 am PDT
* location... coastal sections of Marin and Santa Cruz counties.
In particular south and southwest facing beaches... including
but not limited to... Stinson Beach... Santa Cruz boardwalk
beach and Twin Lakes Beach.
* Timing... through at least Thursday morning.
* Impacts... risk for dangerous rip currents and long shore break
due to southwesterly swell as high as 6 to 8 feet every 16
seconds through Thursday morning.
Precautionary/preparedness actions... a beach hazard statement for
rip currents means that conditions are present to support a
heightened risk of strong rip currents. Rip currents are
typically more frequent and stronger in the vicinity of jetties...
inlets... and piers. Swimmers caught in a rip current should swim
parallel to the coast to escape the rip current before trying to
swim for shore. Swimmers should always swim near a lifeguard.
Please visit the following website to share your thoughts on the
new beach hazards statement...
- Arizona - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flood Warning
- California - Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Record Report
- Maine - Freeze Watch
- Maryland - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Michigan - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Minnesota - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Special Statement , Record Report
- New Hampshire - Freeze Watch
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch, Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- New York - Freeze Watch
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Flood Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement
- Ohio - Record Report
- Oklahoma - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Special Statement
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Texas - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Utah - Record Report
- Vermont - Freeze Watch
- Wisconsin - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Record Report