Current Watches and Warnings
Colorado, Four Corners/Upper Dolores River
Statement as of 12:15 AM MDT on April 24, 2014
Expires 5:45 PM EDT on April 24, 2014
137 PM MDT Wed Apr 23 2014
... Widespread precipitation and strong winds this weekend...
A strong late season wintry storm will bring strong winds and
widespread showers to the region this weekend. Southwest winds
will become gusty Friday into Saturday. Moisture increases over
the forecast area Friday night into Saturday. Colder unsettled air
on Saturday brings increasing showers with late-day thunderstorms
possible. Snow accumulations are possible in the higher
Snow levels plummet Saturday evening when a strong cold front
sweeps through the region. There is the potential for heavy snow
in the mountains with accumulation into the higher valleys. Snow
showers may linger in the Colorado mountains and high valleys
Travel this weekend may become difficult through the mountains
and possibly even higher valley locations due to accumulating snow
and blowing snow. Monitor the latest forecasts on this developing
weather system at our website www.Weather.Gov/gjt.
... Widespread precipitation and wind expected this weekend...
A two-part late season winter storm will reach eastern Utah early
Saturday morning and spread precipitation east into western
Colorado during the day Saturday. Erratic winds... rain in the
valleys... and snow accumulation at about 9000 feet and higher is
Snow levels will lower Saturday night when a strong cold front
moves through from west to east bringing another pulse of energy
and moisture through the area. This second weather disturbance
late Saturday and early Sunday is expected to produce rain... and
accumulating snow potentially as low as 5500 feet. Isolated
thunderstorms are also possible with this cold front.
Travel this weekend is anticipated to become difficult through
the mountains and possibly even higher valley locations due to
accumulating snow and blowing snow. Stay tuned to this developing
weather system for more details as the event becomes closer.
Fire Weather Watch
Statement as of 12:25 AM MDT on April 24, 2014
Expires 9:00 PM EDT on April 25, 2014
... Fire Weather Watch remains in effect from Friday morning
through Friday evening for gusty winds... low humidity... and dry
fuels for fire weather zone 290 below 9000 feet...
* affected area... in Colorado... fire weather zone 290 Paradox
Valley forecast area below 9000 feet.
* Winds... southwest 15 to 25 mph with gusts of 30 to 40 mph.
* Relative humidity... less than 15 percent is possible.
* Impacts... conditions may become favorable for rapid fire spread
and an increased chance of escape. Agricultural and other Burns
should be postponed.
A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions
are forecast to occur. Listen for later forecasts and possible
red flag warnings.
For more information from NOAA/National Weather Service visit...
- Alabama - Flood Warning
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arizona - Fire Weather Watch
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Freeze Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement
- Connecticut - Freeze Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement
- Delaware - Fire Weather Warning
- Florida - Flood Warning
- Georgia - Flood Warning
- Idaho - Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning
- Kentucky - Special Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maine - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement
- Maryland - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement
- Massachusetts - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement
- Michigan - Flood Advisory , Winter Storm Watch , Special Statement
- Minnesota - Flood Warning , Flood Watch , Winter Storm Watch , Record Report
- Mississippi - Flood Warning
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Nebraska - Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch
- Nevada - Winter Storm Watch , Special Statement
- New Hampshire - Special Statement
- New Jersey - Freeze Watch , Fire Weather Warning
- New Mexico - Fire Weather Watch , Public Information Statement
- New York - Flood Warning , Freeze Watch , Fire Weather Warning
- North Carolina - Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Ohio - Freeze Warning , Frost Advisory
- Oklahoma - Wind Advisory , Special Statement
- Oregon - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Avalanche Warning
- Pennsylvania - Fire Weather Warning
- Rhode Island - Special Statement
- South Carolina - Flood Warning
- South Dakota - Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch
- Texas - Wind Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Utah - Special Statement
- Vermont - Flood Warning , Fire Weather Warning
- Washington - Areal Flood Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Avalanche Warning , Record Report
- West Virginia - Freeze Warning
- Wisconsin - Flood Warning , Special Statement