Current Watches and Warnings
Connecticut, Northern New London
Statement as of 1:55 AM EST on January 27, 2015
... Blizzard Warning remains in effect until midnight EST
* locations... New Haven... northern Middlesex... and northern New
London counties in southern Connecticut.
* Hazard types... heavy snow and blowing snow... with blizzard
* Accumulations... snow accumulation of 20 to 30 inches.
* Snowfall rates... 2 to 4 inches per hour into this morning.
* Winds... north 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 40 mph.
* Visibilities... one quarter mile or less at times.
* Temperatures... 14 to 23.
* Timing... heaviest snow and strongest winds into this morning.
* Impacts... life-threatening conditions and extremely dangerous
travel due to heavy snowfall and strong winds... with whiteout
conditions. Many roads may become impassable. Strong winds may
down power lines and tree limbs.
A Blizzard Warning means severe winter weather conditions are
expected or occurring. Falling and blowing snow with strong winds
and poor visibilities will lead to whiteout conditions... making
travel extremely dangerous. Do not travel. If you must travel...
have a winter survival kit with you. If you get stranded... stay
with your vehicle.
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 3:39 AM EST on January 27, 2015
The following are unofficial observations taken during the past 3
hours for the storm that has been affecting our region. Appreciation
is extended to Highway departments... cooperative observers... Skywarn
spotters and media for these reports. This summary is also available
on our home Page at weather.Gov/NYC
********************storm total snowfall********************
Location storm total time/date comments
... Fairfield County...
Norwalk 5.0 200 am 1/27 public
Brookfield 2.1 100 am 1/27 trained spotter
... Essex County...
Newark Airport 3.3 100 am 1/27 FAA contract observer
... Union County...
Cranford 2.4 145 am 1/27 public
... Nassau County...
Seaford 5.3 100 am 1/27 trained spotter
... New York County...
Central Park 6.3 100 am 1/27 Central Park Zoo
... Orange County...
Middletown 2.0 100 am 1/27 public
... Queens County...
Jamaica 10.1 315 am 1/27 public
NYC/La Guardia 7.6 100 am 1/27 FAA contract observer
NYC/JFK Airport 5.6 100 am 1/27 FAA contract observer
... Suffolk County...
Islip Airport 14.7 300 am 1/27 FAA contract observer
Upton 12.1 300 am 1/27 NWS office
Terryville 8.4 330 am 1/27 amateur radio
Old Field 3.0 1254 am 1/27 trained spotter
- Arizona - Record Report
- Arkansas - Record Report
- California - Record Report
- Colorado - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Delaware - Public Information Statement
- District of Columbia - Winter Weather Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Flood Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- Idaho - Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Advisory , Freezing Rain Advisory
- Indiana - Special Statement
- Kansas - Record Report
- Kentucky - Special Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maine - Coastal Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory , Blizzard Warning , Winter Storm Warning
- Montana - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Nebraska - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- Nevada - Record Report
- New York - Coastal Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Statement, Coastal Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Statement , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Blizzard Warning , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Record Report
- Ohio - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Record Report
- Oregon - Dense Fog Advisory , Air Stagnation Advisory , Record Report
- Rhode Island - Blizzard Warning , Public Information Statement
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Lake Wind Advisory
- South Dakota - Record Report
- Tennessee - Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Utah - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Vermont - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Wyoming - High Wind Warning , Record Report