Current Watches and Warnings
Connecticut, Southern Fairfield
Statement as of 6:17 PM EDT on July 24, 2016
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on July 25, 2016
... Heat advisory remains in effect from noon to 8 PM EDT Monday...
* heat index values... around 100 due to temperatures near 90...
and dewpoints in the lower 70s.
* Timing... highest heat indices Monday afternoon.
* Impacts... the combination of the heat and humidity will
increase the risk for heat related health issues... especially
for the elderly... those with chronic health problems such as
lung and heart disease... those working outdoors... and other
heat sensitive groups of people.
A heat advisory is issued when the combination of heat and
humidity is expected to make it feel like it is 100 to
104 degrees for two consecutive hours.
To reduce risk during outdoor work the occupational safety and
health administration recommends scheduling frequent rest breaks
in shaded or air conditioned environments. Anyone overcome by
heat should be moved to a cool and shaded location. Heat stroke
is an emergency... call 9 1 1.
Statement as of 7:34 AM EDT on July 24, 2016
... Record high minimum temperature set at LaGuardia Airport
a record high minimum temperature of 82 degrees was set at
LaGuardia Airport NY yesterday. This breaks the old record of 81 set
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Areal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Record Report
- Connecticut - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Delaware - Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning
- District of Columbia - Heat Advisory
- Hawaii - Tropical Storm Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch, High Surf Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch, High Surf Advisory
- Illinois - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Areal Flood Advisory , Heat Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Kentucky - Heat Advisory
- Louisiana - Record Report
- Maryland - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Heat Advisory , Special Statement
- Massachusetts - Heat Advisory
- Michigan - Special Statement , Record Report
- Minnesota - Record Report
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Missouri - Special Statement
- Nebraska - Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Record Report
- New Jersey - Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Record Report
- New Mexico - Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- New York - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- North Carolina - Heat Advisory , Air Quality Alert , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Ohio - Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Record Report
- Tennessee - Record Report
- Texas - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Virginia - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- West Virginia - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Wisconsin - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Watch