Current Watches and Warnings
Delaware, Delaware Beaches
Areal Flood Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement
Statement as of 12:25 AM EDT on September 29, 2016
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on September 29, 2016
538 PM EDT Wed Sep 28 2016
The National Weather Service in Mount Holly NJ has issued a
* Flood Advisory for...
southeastern Kent County in central Delaware...
northern Sussex County in southern Delaware...
southeastern Caroline County in eastern Maryland...
* until 415 am EDT
* at 1215 am EDT... Doppler radar indicated heavy rain that will
cause minor flooding in the advisory area. One to two inches of
rain has already fallen with additional rainfall expected.
* Some locations that will experience flooding include...
Georgetown... Milford... Seaford... Harrington... Lewes...
Federalsburg... Milton... Bridgeville... Ellendale... Andrewsville...
Agner... Smithville... Blades... Greenwood... Houston and Farmington.
Do not drive your vehicle into areas where the water covers the
roadway. The water depth may be too great to allow your car to cross
safely. Move to higher ground.
Be especially cautious at night when it is harder to recognize the
dangers of flooding.
Lat... Lon 3856 7570 3865 7571 3869 7577 3868 7580
3870 7580 3871 7584 3870 7587 3875 7590
3901 7534 3898 7531 3892 7528 3881 7514
... High rip current risk in effect through Thursday evening...
The National Weather Service in Mount Holly has issued a high rip
current risk... which is in effect through Thursday evening.
* Location... the New Jersey shore and Delaware beaches.
* Risk of rip currents... there is a high risk of rip currents
through Thursday evening.
* Surf height... wave heights will build to 4 to 6 feet.
* Timing and tides... low tide... when there is the highest risk of
rip currents... occurs between 100 am and 200 am EDT and again
between 130 PM and 230 PM. Both times are for Thursday.
* Other hazards... spotty minor tidal flooding is possible during
the Thursday morning high tide. A more widespread minor tidal
flooding event may occur during the Thursday evening/night high
There is a high risk of rip currents. A high risk of rip currents
implies that wind and/or wave conditions will support the
development of very strong rip currents. These rip currents will
be life threatening to anyone who enters the surf.
Rip currents are powerful channels of water flowing quickly away
from shore... which occur most often at low spots or breaks in The
Sandbar and in the vicinity of structures such as groins...
jetties and piers. Heed the advice of lifeguards... beach patrol
flags and signs.
If you become caught in a rip current... Yell for help. Remain
calm... do not exhaust yourself and stay afloat while waiting for
help. If you have to swim out of a rip current... swim parallel to
shore and back toward the beach when possible. Do not attempt to
swim directly against a rip current as you will tire quickly.
- Alaska - High Surf Advisory , Special Statement
- Arizona - Public Information Statement
- California - Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Delaware - Areal Flood Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement , Areal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- District of Columbia - Flash Flood Watch, Coastal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Beach Hazard Statement
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Flood Warning
- Maryland - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch, Coastal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Flood Warning
- Missouri - Flood Warning
- Nevada - Fire Weather Watch
- New Jersey - Coastal Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- New York - Coastal Flood Advisory
- North Carolina - Flood Warning, Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Areal Flood Advisory
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning
- Pennsylvania - Areal Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Puerto Rico - Coastal Hazard Statement , High Surf Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement
- South Carolina - Flood Warning
- Texas - Flood Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Virgin Islands - Coastal Hazard Statement , High Surf Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement
- Virginia - Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Flash Flood Watch, Coastal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- West Virginia - Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Wisconsin - Flood Warning
- - Small Craft Advisory