Current Watches and Warnings
Florida, Santa Rosa
Coastal Hazard Statement
Statement as of 6:17 PM CST on November 22, 2014
Expires 7:00 AM EST on November 24, 2014
... High rip current risk remains in effect through late Sunday
* timing... through late Sunday night.
* Winds... east increasing to 15 to 25 mph and becoming southeast
tonight then more south to southwest on Sunday.
* Impacts... more frequent... dangerous to potentially deadly rip
currents along the beaches of Alabama and northwest Florida
There is a high risk of rip currents.
Rip currents are powerful channels of water flowing quickly away from
shore... which occur most often at low spots or breaks in The Sandbar
and in the vicinity of structures such as groins... jetties and
piers. Heed the advice of lifeguards and the beach patrol. Pay
attention to flags and posted signs.
If you become caught in a rip current... do not panic. Remain calm and
begin to swim parallel to shore. Once you are away from the force of
the rip current... begin to swim back to the beach. Do not attempt to
swim directly against a rip current. Even a strong swimmer can become
Please visit the following website to share your thoughts on the
new rip current hazard...
Statement as of 2:30 AM CST on November 23, 2014
Expires 7:00 PM EST on November 23, 2014
... Wind Advisory in effect from 9 am this morning to 6 PM CST
The National Weather Service in Mobile has issued a Wind
Advisory... which is in effect from 9 am this morning to 6 PM CST
* Timing... 9 am this morning to 6 PM CST this evening.
* Winds... east to southeast early... becoming south to southwest 20
to 30 mph with frequent higher gusts likely.
* Impacts... windy conditions can make driving difficult and blow
around unsecured light weight objects.
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 30 to 39 mph are expected.
Winds this strong can make driving difficult... especially for high
profile vehicles. Use extra caution. Also... unsecured light weight
objects can be blown around.
- Alabama - Coastal Hazard Statement , Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Alaska - Wind Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Lake Wind Advisory
- Arkansas - Tornado Watch
- American Samoa - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Colorado - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Special Weather Statement
- Connecticut - Public Information Statement
- District of Columbia - Record Report
- Georgia - Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Idaho - Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Indiana - Special Statement
- Kentucky - Special Statement
- Louisiana - Tornado Watch , Coastal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Maryland - Record Report
- Massachusetts - Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Minnesota - Wind Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Mississippi - Coastal Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory
- Nebraska - Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory
- New Mexico - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , High Wind Watch
- North Carolina - High Wind Warning
- North Dakota - Wind Advisory , Special Statement
- Oklahoma - Tornado Watch , Wind Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Record Report
- South Carolina - High Surf Advisory , Flash Flood Watch
- South Dakota - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning
- Tennessee - High Wind Warning , Special Statement
- Texas - Tornado Watch , Wind Advisory , High Wind Watch , Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Vermont - Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Record Report
- Washington - Winter Storm Warning , Winter Weather Advisory
- West Virginia - Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Wisconsin - Winter Storm Watch , Dense Fog Advisory
- - Tornado Watch
- - Gale Watch