Current Watches and Warnings
Freeze Warning, Wind Advisory
Statement as of 4:18 AM EDT on November 01, 2014
Expires 9:00 PM EDT on November 01, 2014
... Wind Advisory remains in effect until 9 PM EDT this evening...
... Freeze warning in effect from midnight EDT tonight to 9 am EST
The National Weather Service in Peachtree City has issued a
freeze warning... which is in effect from midnight tonight to 9 am
Sunday. A Wind Advisory is also in effect until 9 PM this evening.
* Locations... mainly along and north of a line from Columbus to
Covington to Athens.
* Winds... northwest 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 35 mph.
* Timing... Wind Advisory through Saturday. Freeze warning late
tonight and early Sunday morning.
* Impacts... strong winds could cause driving difficulties. Loose
or unsecured items may be blown around. Freezing temperatures could
damage or kill vegetation.
* Temperatures... in the upper 20s to lower 30s late tonight and
early Sunday morning.
A freeze warning means freezing temperatures are forecast to
threaten outdoor plants. Those with agricultural interests
in the warned area are advised to harvest or protect tender
A Wind Advisory means that sustained wind speeds of at least
20 mph... or gusts to 35 mph or stronger are
expected. Winds this strong can make driving difficult...
especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 10:40 PM EDT on October 31, 2014
The following are unofficial observations taken during the past hour
for the storm that has been affecting our region. Appreciation is
extended to Highway departments... cooperative observers... Skywarn
spotters and media for these reports. This summary is also available
on our home Page at weather.Gov/Atlanta
********************storm total snowfall********************
Location storm total time/date comments
... Gilmer County...
7 ENE Ellijay T 1020 PM 10/31 Emergency Mngr
... Union County...
8 N Blairsville T 1026 PM 10/31 public
8 NW Blairsville T 1008 PM 10/31 public
- Alaska - Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- Arizona - Wind Advisory , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Arkansas - Freeze Warning , Freeze Warning, Freeze Watch , Freeze Watch
- Colorado - Special Statement
- Connecticut - Wind Advisory
- Delaware - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement , High Surf Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement , Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory, Freeze Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Wind Advisory , Winter Storm Watch , Record Report
- Illinois - Lakeshore Flood Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Indiana - Lakeshore Flood Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Iowa - Freeze Warning , Record Report
- Kansas - Freeze Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Wind Advisory , Freeze Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Maine - Winter Storm Watch
- Massachusetts - Coastal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning
- Michigan - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Special Statement , Record Report
- Missouri - Freeze Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Montana - Winter Storm Watch , Record Report
- Nebraska - Record Report
- Nevada - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Record Report
- New Jersey - Coastal Flood Advisory
- New York - Wind Advisory
- Ohio - Freeze Warning
- Oklahoma - Freeze Warning
- Oregon - Frost Advisory , Record Report
- Rhode Island - Wind Advisory
- South Dakota - Special Statement , Record Report
- Texas - Freeze Warning , Special Statement
- Virginia - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- Washington - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Record Report
- Wyoming - Record Report
- - Small Craft Advisory