Current Watches and Warnings
Statement as of 4:28 AM EST on February 06, 2016
Expires 8:30 PM EST on February 06, 2016
... Flood Warning extended until this evening...
for the Ocmulgee River near Macon.
* Until this evening.
* At 330 am Saturday the stage was 18.6 feet... and falling.
* Minor flooding is occurring... and minor flooding is forecast to
* Flood stage is 18 feet.
* The river will continue to fall... dropping below flood stage this
* Between 18 and 19 feet... minor flooding occurs along the river
upstream and downstream from the gage at U.S. Highway 80... or
Martin Luther King Boulevard. Portions of the Ocmulgee riverwalk
and the agricultural lands well downstream will be under at least
a foot of water... and the lowest sections of the Charles Jones
Gateway Park may be flooded.
Lat... Lon 3290 8372 3293 8367 3282 8356 3266 8353
3263 8359 3274 8363
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 6:00 AM EST on February 06, 2016
This week is severe weather preparedness week in Georgia. Today we will
discuss the Skywarn program.
Skywarn is a program the National Weather Service uses to improve
severe storm warnings. Trained volunteers serve as storm spotters.
These spotters pass on vital ground truth information to forecasters
during severe weather events. They are the eyes and ears not only
for forecasters... but for the community as a whole.
Skywarn volunteers come from all walks of life... and generally have
two things in common... an interest in weather and an interest in
serving their community. Certain organizations often involved in
Emergency management... law enforcement... Fire Department and Rescue
squads... and amateur radio groups
Any organization or person can become a Skywarn spotter... but they
must first complete the necessary training from the National Weather
Service. These training classes are offered as requested during the
period of January to March 15th. Each class will be done in a
grouping of 1 to 4 counties. Anyone interested in attending a
spotter training class is asked to contact their counties emergency
management office to get a schedule of upcoming classes.
Sometimes... depending on demand... a second season of classes is
offered between September and November.
For further information on Skywarn... please visit
- Alabama - Flood Warning
- Alaska - Wind Advisory
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- California - High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Special Statement , Record Report
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement , Beach Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Winter Weather Advisory , Air Quality Alert
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Blizzard Watch , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Flood Warning
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maine - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Flood Advisory , Lake Effect Snow Advisory
- Minnesota - Blizzard Watch , Winter Storm Watch , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Mississippi - Flood Warning
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Montana - High Wind Watch , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- Nebraska - High Wind Watch , Dense Fog Advisory , Public Information Statement
- New Jersey - Special Statement , Record Report
- New York - Special Statement , Record Report
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Watch , High Wind Watch , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - High Wind Warning , Blizzard Watch , Blizzard Warning , Public Information Statement
- Puerto Rico - Coastal Hazard Statement
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Lake Wind Advisory , Hydrologic Statement , Public Information Statement
- South Dakota - High Wind Watch , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Blizzard Watch , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Tennessee - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement
- Virgin Islands - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Virginia - Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Hydrologic Statement , Special Statement , Record Report
- Washington - Record Report
- West Virginia - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Special Statement
- Wyoming - High Wind Warning , High Wind Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement