Current Watches and Warnings
Georgia, Coastal Glynn
Coastal Hazard Statement
Statement as of 2:15 AM EDT on August 30, 2016
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on August 30, 2016
... High rip current risk now in effect through this evening...
* timing... through 8 PM today.
* Impacts... rip currents will be life threatening. Rough surf with
breakers of 3 to 5 feet is also expected which can knock you
down. Longshore currents may be strong and push you into rip
There is a high risk of rip currents.
Rip currents will be life threatening.
Rip currents are powerful channels of water flowing quickly away
from shore... which occur most often at low spots or breaks in
The Sandbar and in the vicinity of structures such as groins...
jetties and piers. Heed the advice of lifeguards and the beach
patrol. Pay attention to flags and posted signs.
Swim near a lifeguard. If caught in a rip current remain calm.
Don't fight the current. Swim in a direction following the
shoreline. If unable to escape... face the shore and call or wave
for help. If tired... float or tread water until out of the rip
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Air Quality Alert , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Delaware - Beach Hazard Statement
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - Hurricane Watch , High Surf Advisory , High Surf Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Idaho - Fire Weather Warning , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flood Watch , Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Flash Flood Watch
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Watch
- Minnesota - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Coastal Flood Watch
- Missouri - Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory
- Montana - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Nebraska - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Nevada - Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning
- New Jersey - Beach Hazard Statement
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Watch
- New York - Coastal Hazard Statement
- North Carolina - Tropical Storm Warning , Hurricane Statement , Coastal Hazard Statement , Beach Hazard Statement
- North Dakota - Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Areal Flood Watch
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning
- South Carolina - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Coastal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Virginia - Beach Hazard Statement
- Wisconsin - Record Report
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning