Current Watches and Warnings
Hawaii, South Big Island
High Surf Warning
Statement as of 3:14 AM HST on August 31, 2015
... High surf warning remains in effect until 6 PM HST Tuesday...
A high surf warning remains in effect until 6 PM HST Tuesday.
* Surf... along east facing shores... 12 to 20 feet today through
* Impacts... very high... expect ocean water surging and sweeping
across beaches... coastal benches... and lava flows creating the
potential for impacts to coastal properties and
infrastructure... including roadways. Powerful longshore and rip
currents will be present at most beaches. Large breaking waves
and strong currents may impact Harbor entrances and channels
causing challenging boat handling.
These dangerous conditions mean that only highly experienced
persons should enter the water. Inexperienced persons should
remain off beaches and adjacent beachfront areas. Large breaking
surf... significant shorebreak... and dangerous currents make
entering the water very hazardous. Anyone entering the water
could face significant injury or death.
Statement as of 4:30 PM HST on August 30, 2015
... Record high temperature set at Hilo hi...
A record high temperature of 89 degrees was set at Hilo hi today.
This breaks the old record of 88 set in 2007.
- Alaska - High Surf Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory , Frost Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Record Report
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory , High Surf Warning , Record Report
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert
- Illinois - Dense Fog Advisory
- Indiana - Dense Fog Advisory
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Kansas - Dense Fog Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Special Statement
- Michigan - Dense Fog Advisory
- Minnesota - Special Statement
- Montana - Air Quality Alert , Public Information Statement
- Nebraska - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- New Mexico - Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Oregon - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- South Carolina - Flash Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory
- South Dakota - Special Statement , Record Report
- Texas - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Wisconsin - Special Statement
- Wyoming - Record Report , Public Information Statement