Current Watches and Warnings
Hawaii, Big Island North and East
Flash Flood Warning
Statement as of 7:35 PM HST on September 04, 2015
Expires 3:00 AM EDT on September 05, 2015
... A Flash Flood Warning remains in effect for the island of Hawaii
in Hawaii County until 900 PM HST...
Locations in the warning include but are not limited to Keahole
Point... Kona Village resort... Kailua-Kona and Holualoa.
Radars show the heavy rain along the Kona coast subsiding... but
Hawaii County emergency officials report lanes remain closed on
Hualalai Road near Kailua town.
A Flash Flood Warning means flash flooding is imminent or occurring
in streams... roads and low lying areas. Move to higher ground now.
Do not cross fast flowing or rising water in your vehicle or on foot.
Turn around... Don/T drown.
This warning may need to be extended beyond 900 PM HST if flash
Lat... Lon 1990 15595 1979 15583 1934 15572 1932 15592
Flash Flood Watch, High Surf Warning
Statement as of 5:53 PM HST on September 04, 2015
407 PM HST Fri Sep 4 2015
... Flash Flood Watch now in effect until midnight HST tonight...
The Flash Flood Watch is now in effect for
* The Big Island.
* Until midnight HST tonight.
* A very moist and unstable air mass will continue to produce
locally heavy showers and thunderstorms this evening. Saturated
soils from recent and current rainfall across the state will
increase the risk for flash flooding.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is very dangerous. Remember
that it does not have to be raining heavily where you are for
flash flooding to occur.
Monitor the latest forecasts and be prepared to take immediate
action if flash flood warnings are issued.
... High surf warning remains in effect until 6 PM HST Saturday...
A high surf warning remains in effect until 6 PM HST Saturday.
* Surf... along east facing shores... 12 to 18 feet.
* Timing... through 6 PM HST Saturday.
* Impacts... very high... expect ocean water surging and sweeping
across beaches... coastal benches... and lava flows creating the
potential for impacts to coastal properties and
infrastructure... including roadways. Powerful longshore and
rip currents will be present at most beaches. Large breaking
waves and strong currents may impact Harbor entrances and
channels causing challenging boat handling.
A high surf advisory is in effect for south facing shores until 6
PM HST Saturday.
* Surf... along south facing shores... 6 to 8 feet through
tonight... rising to 7 to 10 feet Saturday.
* Timing... through 6 PM HST Saturday.
* Impacts... moderate... expect strong breaking waves... shore
break... and strong longshore and rip currents making swimming
difficult and dangerous.
These dangerous conditions mean that only highly experienced
persons should enter the water. Inexperienced persons should
remain off beaches and adjacent beachfront areas. Large breaking
surf... significant shore break... and dangerous currents make
entering the water very hazardous. Anyone entering the water
could face significant injury or death.
Statement as of 4:39 PM HST on September 04, 2015
... Record high temperature set at Hilo hi...
A record high temperature of 89 degrees was set at Hilo hi today.
This breaks the old record of 87 set in 1990.
- Alaska - Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Wind Advisory
- California - Frost Advisory, Freeze Watch , Frost Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement
- Connecticut - Record Report
- Delaware - Record Report
- Florida - Flood Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Public Information Statement
- Hawaii - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch, High Surf Advisory , Flash Flood Watch, High Surf Warning , Flash Flood Watch , High Surf Warning , High Surf Advisory , Record Report
- Idaho - Lake Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Indiana - Air Quality Alert , Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Kentucky - Air Quality Alert
- Maryland - Record Report
- Michigan - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory
- Nebraska - Record Report
- Nevada - Wind Advisory , Freeze Watch
- New Jersey - Record Report
- New York - Record Report
- North Dakota - Special Statement , Record Report
- Ohio - Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Flash Flood Watch , Frost Advisory, Freeze Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Pennsylvania - Record Report
- South Carolina - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- South Dakota - Record Report
- Utah - Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- Washington - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement