Current Watches and Warnings
Areal Flood Warning
Statement as of 5:56 AM CDT on August 29, 2015
Expires 7:30 PM EDT on August 29, 2015
... A Flood Warning remains in effect until 630 PM CDT Saturday for
southeastern Webster... northern story... southwestern Hardin...
Hamilton... northeastern Greene and northern Boone counties...
At 547 am CDT... flooding and standing water continued across the
warned area early this morning due to tremendous rainfall amounts
Friday... as high as nine inches or more in spots. Flooding was
reported in Story City overnight due to the rising south Skunk
River. The Story County emergency manager reported water over Forest
Avenue between broad street and 8th street.
Some locations that will experience flooding include...
Webster City... Story City... Roland... Jewell Junction... Gilbert...
Gowrie... Hubbard... Dayton... Stratford... Coalville... Zearing...
Radcliffe... Otho... Ellsworth... Stanhope... Lehigh... McCallsburg...
Harcourt... Paton and Kamrar.
Most flood deaths occur in automobiles. Never drive your vehicle into
areas where the water covers the roadway. Flood waters are usually
deeper than they appear. Just one foot of flowing water is powerful
enough to sweep vehicles off the Road. When encountering flooded
roads make the smart choice... turn around... dont drown.
Do not drive your vehicle into areas where the water covers the
roadway. The water depth may be too great to allow your car to cross
safely. Move to higher ground.
Lat... Lon 4213 9323 4204 9438 4246 9420 4247 9321
Statement as of 1:28 AM CDT on August 29, 2015
... Record daily maximum rainfall set at Waterloo...
A record rainfall of 4.10 inches fell at Waterloo Friday. This
breaks the old record of 2.30 inches set in 1936. This is also
eighth highest daily rainfall on record.
- Alabama - Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory , High Surf Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Florida - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - Tropical Storm Watch , High Surf Advisory , Record Report
- Illinois - Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , Dense Smoke Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Air Quality Alert
- New Mexico - Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Beach Hazard Statement
- North Dakota - Fire Weather Warning
- Puerto Rico - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Texas - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Virgin Islands - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Wisconsin - Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch