Current Watches and Warnings
Dense Fog Advisory
Statement as of 9:12 PM CDT on October 24, 2014
Expires 5:00 AM EDT on October 25, 2014
... Dense fog advisory in effect until 4 am CDT Saturday...
The National Weather Service in Des Moines has issued a dense fog
advisory... which is in effect until 4 am CDT Saturday.
* Visibility... dense fog is expected to produce widespread low
visibilities of a quarter mile or less in the advisory area.
Some improvement is expected gradually overnight as a weak
boundary bring drier air into much of central Iowa. In the
meantime... expected very low visibilities in the advisory area.
* Impacts... travel will be greatly impacted by the reduced
visibility and fog over portions of the area. Allow extra travel
time to reach your destination safely.
A dense fog advisory means visibilities will frequently be
reduced to less than one quarter mile. If driving... slow down...
use your headlights... and leave plenty of distance ahead of you.
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 6:04 PM CDT on October 24, 2014
... Daily 4 inch soil temperatures...
.Br dsm 1024 c dh1700/tsirzz
:id location 4 inch temp
csai4 : Castana : 59
dvni4 : Davenport : 58
dmxi4 : Johnston : 54
dcri4 : Decorah : 52
icyi4 : Iowa City : 50
kani4 : Kanawha : 55
3oi : Lamoni : 60
nhui4 : Nashua : 53
oeli4 : Oelwein : 51
tldi4 : Toledo : 48
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arizona - Record Report
- California - Wind Advisory, High Wind Warning , High Wind Warning, Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Wind Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Illinois - Dense Fog Advisory
- Iowa - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Record Report
- Maine - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Missouri - Dense Fog Advisory
- Montana - Record Report
- Nebraska - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- New Mexico - Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Frost Advisory
- North Dakota - Record Report
- Oregon - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , High Wind Warning, Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Texas - Air Quality Alert
- Utah - Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Virginia - Frost Advisory
- Washington - Wind Advisory
- West Virginia - Frost Advisory
- Wisconsin - Dense Fog Advisory
- Wyoming - High Wind Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement