Current Watches and Warnings
Idaho, Eastern Magic Valley
Statement as of 12:36 PM MDT on October 30, 2014
Expires 2:45 PM EDT on October 31, 2014
... Winter weather arrives this weekend...
A strong Pacific storm system will move into the northwest this
weekend. Showers and a few thunderstorms will overspread central
and southeast Idaho on Saturday... with snow only at the highest
elevations. Saturday night... snow levels will fall dramatically
resulting in snow falling at the valley floors including the Snake
River Plain by Sunday morning.
Snowfall amounts will be heaviest across the northern mountains with
4 to 8 inches possible in the central mountains... and 3 to 6
inches possible in the upper snake Highlands and along the Idaho/
Montana border Saturday night and Sunday. The Snake River Plain
may see snow accumulate along the I-86/I-15 corridor Sunday
morning with around an inch possible on the valley floor and up to
3 inches on the benches. The southern Highlands can expect 3 to 5
inches in the mountains and around an inch in the valleys.
A small change in the track of the storm system could easily leave
the Snake River Plain will little precipitation... while the
situation for the mountains would likely remain unchanged.
Stay tuned for updates on this storm system. If traveling into the
mountains... especially Saturday night and Sunday... be prepared for
Statement as of 1:32 AM MDT on October 31, 2014
... Record high temperatures set in east Idaho...
The temperature reached a high of 73 degrees at Burley yesterday.
This ties the old record set in 1990.
A record high temperature of 63 degrees was set at Stanley
yesterday. This breaks the old record of 61 set in 1983.
- Alaska - Special Statement
- Arkansas - Lake Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory, Freeze Watch , Lake Wind Advisory, Freeze Warning , Freeze Warning, Freeze Watch , Freeze Warning
- Colorado - Freeze Warning
- Georgia - Lake Wind Advisory , Freeze Watch
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Winter Storm Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- Illinois - Lakeshore Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Iowa - Freeze Warning , Special Statement
- Kansas - Freeze Warning
- Louisiana - Wind Advisory
- Michigan - Lakeshore Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , Lake Effect Snow Advisory
- Minnesota - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Freeze Warning, Freeze Watch
- Missouri - Freeze Warning , Freeze Warning, Freeze Watch
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , Winter Storm Watch
- North Carolina - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- North Dakota - Wind Advisory
- Ohio - Freeze Watch , Freeze Warning, Freeze Watch , Special Statement
- Oklahoma - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning , Freeze Watch
- South Carolina - Lake Wind Advisory
- South Dakota - Wind Advisory
- Texas - Wind Advisory , Frost Advisory
- Virginia - Winter Storm Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Frost Advisory
- Washington - Flood Warning
- West Virginia - Winter Weather Advisory
- - Gale Warning