Current Watches and Warnings
Idaho, Big and Little Wood River Region
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 2:39 PM MDT on August 29, 2015
... Red flag warning remains in effect until 10 PM MDT this
evening for gusty winds and low humidity for southeast Idaho fire
weather zone 422 below 7000 feet...
* affected area... fire weather zone 422.
* Wind... south to southwest winds of 20 to 30 mph with gusts up
to 45 mph at mid and upper slopes. 10 to 20 mph with gusts up
to 35 mph at lower elevations.
* Humidity... 15 to 25 percent.
* Thunderstorms... isolated thunderstorms are possible with
gusts over 45 mph.
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... or will shortly. Fires may experience
rapid rates of growth. Please advise the appropriate officials or
fire crews in the field of the red flag warning for portions of
Statement as of 7:40 PM EDT on August 29, 2015
record event report National Weather Service Pocatello ID 0531 PM
MDT Sat Aug 29 2015
... Record high temperature set at Pocatello ID...
a record high temperature of 97 degrees was set at Pocatello ID today.
This ties the old record of 97 set in 1990.
- Alaska - High Surf Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory , High Wind Watch , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Arizona - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Record Report
- California - Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Coastal Hazard Statement, Areal Flood Watch
- Georgia - Areal Flood Advisory
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - Tropical Storm Watch , High Surf Advisory , High Surf Warning
- Idaho - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Special Statement, Air Quality Alert , Air Quality Alert , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Illinois - Special Statement
- Indiana - Special Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Montana - High Wind Watch , Dense Smoke Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory , Blowing Dust Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- New Mexico - Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Beach Hazard Statement
- Oregon - Air Quality Alert , Public Information Statement
- Texas - Record Report
- Washington - Air Quality Alert , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Wisconsin - Special Statement
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning