Current Watches and Warnings
Statement as of 3:15 AM CDT on June 30, 2016
Expires 5:00 PM EDT on June 30, 2016
... Periods of moderate to heavy rain expected over the Holiday
A storm system will be centered over the Central Plains this
weekend... with a nearly stationary front extending eastward into
central or southern Illinois. Rain and thunderstorms will track
eastward along this boundary much of the Holiday weekend. The rain
should start moving into central Illinois by midday on Saturday...
although areas near I-74 will likely remain dry into Saturday
evening. Once the rain begins... periods of rain and storms can be
expected into Independence day.
Present indications are that 2 to 4 inches of rain are expected
during this period over much of central and southeast Illinois...
with the heaviest totals focused along the I-72 corridor from
about Decatur westward. Areas further north toward Galesburg and
Peoria should have lesser rain totals... but amounts of 1 to 1.5
inches are possible in those areas. These rainfall totals will
likely result in significant rises on area rivers and streams.
With the Holiday weekend... outdoor activities will be common. Make
sure to have alternate plans for threatening weather... and have a
place to take shelter if needed.
- Alaska - Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Dense Fog Advisory , Air Quality Alert , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- California - Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Air Quality Alert
- Illinois - Special Statement
- Indiana - Air Quality Alert
- Kansas - Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Air Quality Alert
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- Minnesota - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Special Statement
- Missouri - Flash Flood Watch
- Nebraska - Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Air Quality Alert
- Utah - Record Report
- Washington - Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Watch
- Wyoming - Record Report