Current Watches and Warnings
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 3:24 PM CDT on September 01, 2014
Expires 8:00 AM EDT on September 02, 2014
... Flash Flood Watch in effect from 7 PM CDT this evening through
The National Weather Service in St Louis has issued a
* Flash Flood Watch for portions of Illinois and Missouri...
including the following counties... in Illinois... Bond IL...
Clinton IL... Fayette IL... Madison IL... Marion IL... Monroe
IL... Montgomery IL... Randolph IL... St. Clair IL and
Washington IL. In Missouri... Cole MO... Crawford MO... Franklin
MO... Gasconade MO... Iron MO... Jefferson MO... Madison MO...
Moniteau MO... Osage MO... Reynolds MO... St. Charles MO... St.
Francois MO... St. Louis city MO... St. Louis MO... Ste.
Genevieve MO... Warren MO and Washington MO.
* From 7 PM CDT this evening through Tuesday morning
* thunderstorms producing heavy rainfall are expected to train
over the area tonight. Widespread rainfall amounts between 1.5
and 2 inches are expected with locally higher amounts. Areas
along and south of the Interstate 44 corridor in Missouri... and
along and south of the Interstate 70 corridor in Illinois are
expected to get the heaviest amounts of rain tonight.
* Heavy rainfall will result in flooding of low lying or poor
drainage areas... and ultimately dangerous flash flooding on
smaller creeks and streams. Significant rises on larger
streams and rivers will also be possible.
A Flash Flood Watch means that flash flooding is possible but not
imminent in the watch area. People in the watch area should be
aware of the possibility of heavy rainfall and flash flooding.
Check your preparedness requirements... especially if you live in
flood prone areas. Stay informed... and be ready for quick action
if flooding is observed or if a Flash Flood Warning is issued.
- Alabama - Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Record Report
- California - Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Idaho - Record Report
- Illinois - Flash Flood Watch , Lake Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Lake Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Minnesota - Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Special Statement , Record Report
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Lake Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Montana - Flood Warning
- Nebraska - Flood Warning , Hydrologic Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Special Statement
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Oklahoma - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Record Report
- Puerto Rico - Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory
- South Carolina - Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- South Dakota - Flood Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Tennessee - Record Report
- Texas - Coastal Hazard Statement , Special Statement , Record Report
- Virginia - Special Statement
- Washington - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Special Statement , Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Advisory , Record Report