Current Watches and Warnings
Dense Fog Advisory
Statement as of 3:41 AM CDT on September 17, 2014
Expires 10:00 AM EDT on September 17, 2014
... Dense fog advisory in effect until 9 am CDT this morning...
The National Weather Service in Paducah has issued a dense fog
advisory... which is in effect until 9 am CDT this morning.
This advisory includes all of southern Illinois.
* Visibility will be one half mile or less at some
locations... especially in low lying areas and near rivers and lakes.
* Driving will be hazardous during the early morning commute to
work or school due to areas of poor visibility.
* The fog will be thickest and most widespread around sunrise. The
fog will burn off rather quickly between 8 and 9 am.
A dense fog advisory means visibilities will frequently be
reduced to less than one quarter mile. If driving... slow down...
use your headlights... and leave plenty of distance ahead of you.
Statement as of 5:39 AM CDT on September 17, 2014
Expires 9:30 AM EDT on September 17, 2014
... Patchy dense fog will affect the early morning commute...
The combination of clear skies and calm winds has resulted in
patchy dense fog across southwest Indiana... western Kentucky... and
parts of southeast Missouri. Visibilities were one quarter mile or
less at the Airport sites near Cape Girardeau... Henderson... and
Madisonville as of 5 am. Other locations... especially those near
rivers and lakes... may also be experiencing dense fog.
The fog will cause locally hazardous travel conditions through the
morning commute to work or school. Those persons travelling into
southern Illinois should be aware the fog is more widespread
there. A dense fog advisory is in effect for southern Illinois.
The fog will be thickest around sunrise... then it will burn off
quickly by mid morning.
- Alaska - Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Arizona - Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- California - Flash Flood Watch , Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement , Special Statement
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Indiana - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Dense Fog Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Special Statement , Record Report
- Louisiana - Dense Fog Advisory
- Michigan - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Nebraska - Dense Fog Advisory
- Nevada - Flash Flood Watch , Lake Wind Advisory , Record Report
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Watch
- New York - Freeze Watch
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Ohio - Special Statement , Record Report
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Public Information Statement
- South Carolina - Special Statement
- South Dakota - Special Statement
- Tennessee - Special Statement
- Texas - Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Washington - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Special Statement