Current Watches and Warnings
Statement as of 1:52 AM CDT on September 30, 2014
Expires 8:45 AM EDT on September 30, 2014
... Patchy dense fog still a possibility overnight...
Calm winds... relatively clear skies and cool temperatures will
continue to set the stage for fog development across the quad
state region overnight.
The best time period for rapid development and persistence of fog
will span from 3 am CDT to 7 am CDT.
Locations across southern Illinois and the southeast Missouri
Delta Region... as well as communities in and near rivers and
lakes... will likely see more widespread fog development overnight.
Patchy fog will likely work into parts of west Kentucky and
southwest Indiana through the overnight hours.
At this time... the greatest concern for widespread fog
development is across southern Illinois... especially north and
east of Interstate 57 and Route 13... Onward to Interstate 64.
Visibility in the fog may drop below one quarter mile at times in
the aforementioned area. This area will continue to be monitored and
a dense fog advisory will be issued... if warranted.
For those traveling overnight... allow extra time to reach your
destination... especially if your Route takes you through fog prone
areas. Keep plenty of distance between yourself and other drivers
and utilize low beam headlights or fog lights on your vehicle.
As with previous mornings... the fog should quickly lift and
dissipate within an hour or so after sunrise.
- Alabama - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Alaska - High Surf Advisory , Record Report
- California - Frost Advisory , Frost Advisory, Freeze Warning , Fire Weather Watch
- Colorado - Areal Flood Warning , Freeze Warning , Frost Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement , Areal Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Guam - Tropical Storm Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Hawaii - High Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Idaho - Record Report
- Illinois - Special Statement
- Indiana - Special Statement
- Kentucky - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Maryland - Special Statement
- Minnesota - Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Special Statement
- Nebraska - Wind Advisory , Record Report
- New Jersey - Special Statement
- New York - Special Statement
- North Carolina - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- North Dakota - Public Information Statement
- Ohio - Special Statement
- Oregon - Frost Advisory, Freeze Warning , Freeze Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- South Carolina - Dense Fog Advisory
- South Dakota - Areal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Tennessee - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Special Weather Statement
- Virginia - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Washington - Wind Advisory , Special Statement
- West Virginia - Special Statement
- Wisconsin - Beach Hazard Statement
- Wyoming - Areal Flood Watch , High Wind Warning , Record Report