Current Watches and Warnings
Beach Hazard Statement
Statement as of 4:15 PM CDT on June 25, 2017
Expires 5:00 AM EDT on June 27, 2017
... Beach hazards statement in effect through late Monday night...
The National Weather Service in Chicago has issued a beach
hazards statement... which is in effect through late Monday night.
* Location... Porter County beaches.
* Forecast wave heights... 2 to 4 feet building to 3 to 5 feet.
* Strong rip currents and structural currents expected.
Life threatening waves and currents are expected at the beaches.
People visiting the beaches should stay out of the water.
Rip currents are powerful channels of water flowing quickly away
from shore, which occur most often at low spots or breaks in
sandbars. Rip currents can sweep you into deeper water.
Structural currents form along piers where longshore currents and
wave action flow into the structure. Structural currents can
sweep you into deeper water along the pier structure.
Exposed beaches are more likely to experience the most
significant wave and current impacts. Impacts at beaches with
protective breakwalls or jetties will be subject to the
orientation of structures as well as wind and wave direction.
- Alabama - Flood Warning
- Arizona - Excessive Heat Warning , Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- California - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Colorado - Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- Florida - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Beach Hazard Statement
- Kansas - Record Report
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Massachusetts - Coastal Flood Statement
- Michigan - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement
- Minnesota - Record Report
- Mississippi - Flood Warning
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- Nevada - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- New Mexico - Areal Flood Advisory
- New York - Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- North Carolina - Flood Warning
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Ohio - Beach Hazard Statement
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Beach Hazard Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Utah - Fire Weather Warning
- Washington - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Wyoming - Areal Flood Warning
- - Small Craft Advisory