Current Watches and Warnings
Flash Flood Warning
Statement as of 2:07 AM CDT on August 22, 2014
Expires 9:00 AM EDT on August 22, 2014
The National Weather Service in northern Indiana has issued a
* Flash Flood Warning for...
southwestern La Porte County in Northwest Indiana...
Starke County in Northwest Indiana...
this includes the city of Knox...
* until 800 am CDT
* at 202 am CDT... National Weather Service Doppler radar indicated
a large area of thunderstorms persisting across much of southern
La Porte and much of Starke counties. Movement of the area was
slowly to the east southeast at 10 mph. Rainfall rates of 1 to
locally more than 2 inches are being estimated by radar. This is
on top of 2 to locally as much as 4 inches of rain over the past
Local rainfall amounts possibly exceeding 2 inches per hour will
continue through at least 5 am EDT as additional convection
develops and moves in from northeastern Illinois. This will cause
an increased threat of dangerous flash flooding.
* Other locations in the warning include but are not limited to North
Judson and Hamlet
This includes the following streams and drainages...
Kankakee River... Tippecanoe River... Mill creek... Eagle Creek... Yellow
River... Pine Creek... big Monon ditch and heinold ditch.
Excessive runoff from heavy rainfall will cause flooding of small
creeks and streams... highways and underpasses. Additionally... country
roads and farmlands along the banks of creeks... streams and other low
lying areas are subject to flooding.
Be especially cautious at night when it is harder to recognize the
dangers of flooding. If flash flooding is observed act quickly. Move
up to higher ground to escape flood waters. Do not stay in areas
subject to flooding when water begins rising.
Lat... Lon 4151 8694 4140 8651 4118 8649 4119 8692
Local Storm Report
08/21/2014 0705 PM
3 miles SW of Brems, Starke County.
Thunderstorm wind damage, reported by 911 call center.
Tree down at sr-8 and 39
- Alabama - Heat Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arizona - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- California - Lake Wind Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Record Report
- District of Columbia - Record Report
- Florida - Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning, Heat Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Georgia - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory
- Illinois - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Heat Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Kentucky - Flash Flood Watch , Flood Advisory , Heat Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Maryland - Record Report
- Michigan - Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Dense Fog Advisory
- Mississippi - Special Statement
- Missouri - Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Public Information Statement
- Montana - Record Report
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- New Hampshire - Areal Flood Advisory
- New Jersey - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- New York - Flood Warning , Record Report
- North Carolina - Special Statement
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Ohio - Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Pennsylvania - Flash Flood Warning , Record Report
- Puerto Rico - Flash Flood Watch
- South Carolina - Heat Advisory , Special Statement
- South Dakota - Special Statement
- Texas - Heat Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Utah - Public Information Statement
- Virgin Islands - Flash Flood Watch
- Virginia - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Washington - Flash Flood Watch
- West Virginia - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Wisconsin - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Wyoming - Special Statement , Public Information Statement