Current Watches and Warnings
Statement as of 2:44 PM CDT on July 24, 2014
Expires 9:00 PM EDT on July 25, 2014
... Heat advisory in effect from 1 PM to 8 PM CDT Friday...
The National Weather Service in Wichita has issued a heat
advisory... which is in effect from 1 PM to 8 PM CDT Friday.
* Temperatures... will climb into the upper 90s across southeast
Kansas and between 100 and 105 degrees across south central and
* Heat indices... will range from near 105 to 108 degrees.
* Impacts... those exposed to the extreme heat over a prolonged
period may be overcome by the heat and experience significant
Take extra precautions... if you work or spend time outside.
When possible... reschedule strenuous activities to early
morning or evening. Know the signs and symptoms of heat
exhaustion and heat stroke. Wear light weight and loose
fitting clothing when possible and drink plenty of water.
To reduce risk during outdoor work... the occupational safety
and health administration recommends scheduling frequent
rest breaks in shaded or air conditioned environments.
Anyone overcome by heat should be moved to a cool and
shaded location. Heat stroke is an emergency... call 9 1 1.
A heat advisory means that a period of hot temperatures is
expected. The combination of hot temperatures and high humidity
will create conditions where heat illnesses are possible. Drink
plenty of fluids and stay in an air conditioned room if possible.
Stay out of the sun... and check up on relatives and neighbors.
Temperatures within vehicles can become lethal in a few minutes.
Never leave children or pets in vehicles. Remember to beat the
heat... check the backseat.
- Alaska - Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Areal Flood Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Record Report
- Arkansas - Record Report
- California - Excessive Heat Warning , Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Colorado - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning
- Georgia - Special Statement
- Idaho - Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Advisory
- Iowa - Heat Advisory
- Kansas - Heat Advisory
- Maryland - Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Areal Flood Warning
- Missouri - Heat Advisory
- Montana - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , High Wind Warning , Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Watch, Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement
- Nebraska - Heat Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- New York - Record Report
- North Carolina - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Watch , Air Quality Alert
- Oregon - Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- South Dakota - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Severe Thunderstorm Warning
- Texas - Heat Advisory , Special Statement , Air Quality Alert
- Utah - Record Report
- Vermont - Record Report
- Virginia - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Record Report
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement