Current Watches and Warnings
Statement as of 7:57 PM CDT on July 25, 2014
Expires 9:00 PM EDT on July 26, 2014
... Heat advisory remains in effect from 1 PM to 8 PM CDT
... Heat advisory will expire at 8 PM CDT this evening...
The heat advisory will expire at 8 PM CDT this evening. A heat
advisory remains in effect from 1 PM to 8 PM CDT Saturday.
* Temperatures... will reach highs in the upper 90s to 104 degrees Saturday.
* Heat indices... will reach 103 to 106 degrees during the
afternoon and early evening hours Saturday.
* Impacts... those exposed to the extreme heat over a prolonged
period may be overcome by the heat and experience significant
A heat advisory means that extremely hot temperatures are likely!
The combination of hot temperatures and high humidity will create
conditions where heat illnesses are possible. Drink plenty of
water and stay in an air conditioned room. Stay out of the sun
and check on relatives and neighbors. Temperatures inside
vehicles can prove fatal in a only few minutes! Never... ever...
leave children or pets in vehicles for any duration! Remember to
beat the heat... check the backseat.
Take extra precautions... if you work or spend time outside. When
possible... reschedule strenuous activities to early morning or
evening. Know the signs and symptoms of heat exhaustion and heat
stroke. Wear light weight and loose fitting clothing when possible
and drink plenty of water.
To reduce risk during outdoor work... the occupational safety
and health administration recommends scheduling frequent
rest breaks in shaded or air conditioned environments.
Anyone overcome by heat should be moved to a cool and
shaded location. Heat stroke is an emergency... call 9 1 1.
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arizona - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Blowing Dust Advisory , Dust Storm Warning, Blowing Dust Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Heat Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- California - Areal Flood Advisory , Heat Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- District of Columbia - Record Report
- Florida - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Georgia - Special Statement
- Idaho - Record Report
- Illinois - Heat Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Heat Advisory , Special Statement , Air Quality Alert
- Kentucky - Special Statement , Record Report
- Maryland - Record Report
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Heat Advisory , Air Quality Alert , Special Statement , Record Report
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- Nevada - Special Statement
- North Carolina - Record Report
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Ohio - Record Report
- Oklahoma - Excessive Heat Warning , Heat Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Record Report
- South Carolina - Areal Flood Advisory
- Tennessee - Record Report
- Texas - Heat Advisory , Special Statement
- Utah - Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch, Fire Weather Warning , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Record Report
- Washington - Record Report
- West Virginia - Record Report
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning