Current Watches and Warnings
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 10:43 PM CDT on September 01, 2014
Expires 12:00 PM EDT on September 02, 2014
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect through Tuesday morning...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* a portion of southeast Kansas... including the following
areas... Allen... Chautauqua... Elk... Labette... Montgomery...
Neosho... Wilson and Woodson
* through Tuesday morning.
* Scattered to numerous thunderstorms will continue overnight
across southeast Kansas. Heavy rain will be likely with the
more intense storms which will likely cause flooding.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
Remember to turn around... don't drown.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
Statement as of 1:22 AM CDT on September 02, 2014
Expires 3:15 AM EDT on September 02, 2014
The National Weather Service in Wichita has issued a
* significant weather advisory for...
southeastern Butler County in south central Kansas...
northwestern Elk County in southeast Kansas...
southwestern Greenwood County in southeast Kansas...
* until 215 am CDT
* at 122 am CDT... National Weather Service meteorologists were
tracking a strong thunderstorm near Latham... or 20 miles southeast
of El Dorado... moving east at 30 mph.
* Locations impacted include...
Latham... Beaumont and Piedmont.
Dime size hail is possible with this storm.
Be prepared to take shelter in the event the storm intensifies and
becomes severe, or a warning is issued by the National Weather
Lat... Lon 3744 9653 3748 9653 3748 9667 3750 9675
3771 9670 3761 9627 3739 9635
time... Mot... loc 0623z 292deg 25kt 3758 9663
- Alabama - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory , High Surf Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- Arkansas - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Flood Warning
- California - Fire Weather Watch , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Record Report
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Public Information Statement
- Illinois - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Indiana - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Hydrologic Statement , Record Report
- Kansas - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Michigan - Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Record Report
- Missouri - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Montana - Flood Warning , High Wind Warning
- Nebraska - Flood Warning , Hydrologic Statement , Record Report
- New Mexico - Record Report
- North Carolina - Record Report
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Ohio - Flash Flood Watch
- Oklahoma - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Special Statement
- Oregon - Fire Weather Watch
- South Carolina - Record Report
- South Dakota - Record Report
- Texas - Coastal Hazard Statement , High Surf Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Virginia - Record Report
- Washington - Public Information Statement
- West Virginia - Record Report
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Record Report