Current Watches and Warnings
Statement as of 10:52 AM CDT on October 30, 2014
Expires 9:00 AM EST on November 02, 2014
... Freeze watch in effect from late Friday night through Sunday
The National Weather Service in Paducah has issued a freeze
watch... which is in effect from late Friday night through Sunday
morning. This watch covers all of southeast Missouri... southern
Illinois... southwest Indiana and west Kentucky.
* Temperatures will drop below at or below the freezing mark by
midnight Friday night over southwest Illinois... then spread
southeast across the rest of the region through the overnight
hours Saturday morning. Temperatures Saturday morning will range
from 26 to 31 degrees.
For Saturday night and Sunday... temperatures should drop below
freezing no later than 10 PM CDT Saturday night... with lows
ranging between 26 and 32 degrees.
Temperatures should rise above freezing after 9 am CDT on
Saturday and 8 am CST on Sunday.
* Impacts will be twofold. Cold temperatures Saturday and Sunday
will damage sensitive plants left uncovered and left outdoors.
Moderate to heavy frost expected Saturday night and Sunday will
also damage plants. The cold temperatures will essentially end
the outdoor growing season.
A freeze watch means sub-freezing temperatures are possible.
These conditions could kill crops and other sensitive vegetation.
- Arkansas - Freeze Warning , Freeze Watch
- Colorado - Freeze Warning
- Florida - Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Freeze Watch , Public Information Statement
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Winter Storm Watch , Special Statement
- Illinois - Lakeshore Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , Freeze Warning , Freeze Watch
- Iowa - Freeze Warning
- Kansas - Freeze Warning
- Michigan - Lakeshore Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , Lake Effect Snow Advisory
- Minnesota - Special Statement
- Mississippi - Freeze Watch
- Missouri - Freeze Warning , Freeze Watch
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , Winter Storm Watch
- North Carolina - Winter Storm Warning , Winter Weather Advisory
- North Dakota - Wind Advisory
- Ohio - Freeze Watch , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Freeze Watch , Freeze Warning
- Puerto Rico - Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory
- South Dakota - Wind Advisory
- Tennessee - Freeze Watch , Winter Storm Warning
- Texas - Severe Thunderstorm Warning
- Virginia - Winter Storm Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Areal Flood Watch
- West Virginia - Winter Weather Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Wisconsin - Wind Advisory , Lake Effect Snow Advisory , Special Statement
- - Gale Warning