Current Watches and Warnings
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 3:43 AM EDT on August 05, 2015
Expires 2:00 AM EDT on August 07, 2015
... Flash Flood Watch now in effect from 1 PM EDT /noon CDT/ this
afternoon through late Thursday night...
The Flash Flood Watch is now in effect for
* portions of south central Indiana and central Kentucky.
* From 1 PM EDT /noon CDT/ this afternoon through late Thursday
* a slow moving storm system is expected to produce 1.5 to 2
inches of rain with locally higher amounts. This heavy rain
combined with recent heavy rainfall is expected to produce
localized flash flooding concerns.
* Urban and low lying areas will be most prone to flash flooding
concerns... as well as locations that have picked up the most
rainfall in recent weeks.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arizona - Excessive Heat Warning , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Record Report
- California - Wind Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Heat Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Hydrologic Statement , Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory, Areal Flood Advisory , High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - Tropical Storm Watch , Flash Flood Watch , High Surf Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Kansas - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Kentucky - Flash Flood Watch
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Nebraska - Flood Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Nevada - Record Report
- North Carolina - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Oklahoma - Heat Advisory
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- South Carolina - Heat Advisory , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Texas - Flood Warning , Heat Advisory , Special Statement
- Utah - Record Report
- Washington - Fire Weather Warning
- Wyoming - Record Report