Current Watches and Warnings
Maryland, Queen Anne's
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 3:48 PM EDT on September 28, 2016
Expires 6:00 PM EDT on September 29, 2016
... Flash Flood Watch in effect through Thursday afternoon...
The National Weather Service in Mount Holly has issued a
* Flash Flood Watch for a portion of northeast Maryland...
including the following areas... Caroline... Cecil... Kent MD...
Queen Annes and Talbot.
* Through Thursday afternoon
* showers are expected to become more widespread this afternoon
and persist through the overnight and into tomorrow. Isolated
thunderstorms are expected as well. In general, one to three
inches of rainfall is expected across the watch area, but
locations that see the isolated thunderstorms and heavier
showers could see their rainfall amounts double... up to six
* With up to two inches of rain falling earlier today across Kent,
Queen Annes, and Caroline counties, these locations will see more
runoff if heavy rain develops.
* In all, a general three to five inch rainfall is expected
through Saturday. Isolated heavier amounts are also expected.
But at the moment, it appears the rains which could lead to the
greatest impacts will fall through tomorrow.
* If the threat of flooding extends beyond tomorrow, additional
flash flood watches will be issued. The Eastern Shore is
currently on the periphery of the heaviest rain. A greater
threat of flooding exists to our west. But if the rainfall
shifts slightly to the east, the flood potential across the
Eastern Shore will increase. Remain vigilant through Saturday.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
- Alaska - High Surf Advisory , Special Statement
- Arizona - Blowing Dust Advisory
- California - Areal Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Delaware - Coastal Hazard Statement
- District of Columbia - Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Areal Flood Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Indiana - Special Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning
- Kentucky - Special Statement
- Maryland - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Beach Hazard Statement
- Minnesota - Flood Warning
- Missouri - Flood Warning
- Nevada - Fire Weather Watch
- New Jersey - Coastal Hazard Statement
- New York - Coastal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Beach Hazard Statement
- Ohio - Special Statement
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning
- Pennsylvania - Areal Flood Watch
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Virginia - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- West Virginia - Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Wisconsin - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- - Small Craft Advisory