Current Watches and Warnings
Statement as of 9:41 AM EDT on July 26, 2016
Expires 7:00 PM EDT on July 26, 2016
... Heat advisory in effect until 7 PM EDT this evening...
The National Weather Service in Mount Holly has issued a heat
advisory... which is in effect until 7 PM EDT this evening.
* Temperatures... in the mid 90s.
* Heat index values... around 105 this afternoon
* impacts... the potential for heat-related health issues will be
high... especially for the elderly... for those already in poor
health and for those outdoors for an extended period.
A heat advisory means that a period of hot temperatures is
expected. The combination of hot temperatures and high humidity
will combine to create a situation in which heat illnesses are
possible. Drink plenty of fluids... stay in an air-conditioned
room... stay out of the sun... and check up on relatives and
Take extra precautions... if you work or spend time outside. When
possible... reschedule strenuous activities to early morning or
evening. Know the signs and symptoms of heat exhaustion and heat
stroke. Wear light weight and loose fitting clothing when possible
and drink plenty of water.
Young children and pets should never be left unattended in
vehicles under any circumstances. During warm or hot weather car
interiors can reach lethal temperatures in a matter of minutes.
To reduce risk during outdoor work... the occupational safety and
health administration recommends scheduling frequent rest breaks
in shaded or air conditioned environments. Anyone overcome by heat
should be moved to a cool and shaded location. Heat stroke is an
emergency... call 9 1 1.
Statement as of 2:28 AM EDT on July 26, 2016
... Record high temperature set at Wilmington de...
A record high temperature of 96 degrees was set at Wilmington de
yesterday. This ties the old record of 96 set in 1987.
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Air Quality Alert
- California - Special Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Delaware - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- District of Columbia - Record Report
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Record Report
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Illinois - Flash Flood Warning
- Kansas - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Record Report
- Maryland - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Massachusetts - Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Missouri - Flash Flood Warning , Record Report
- Montana - Record Report
- Nebraska - Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- New Jersey - Record Report
- New Mexico - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- New York - Heat Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Heat Advisory , Air Quality Alert , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Special Statement
- Oregon - Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Record Report
- Rhode Island - Special Statement , Record Report
- South Carolina - Heat Advisory , Public Information Statement
- South Dakota - Special Statement
- Tennessee - Record Report
- Texas - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Air Quality Alert , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Vermont - Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Washington - Record Report
- West Virginia - Record Report
- Wyoming - Record Report