Current Watches and Warnings
Areal Flood Advisory
Statement as of 1:58 AM EDT on July 07, 2015
Expires 5:45 AM EDT on July 07, 2015
... The Flood Advisory remains in effect until 545 am EDT for Muskegon
At 145 am EDT... Doppler radar and automated rain gauges indicated
two to three inches of rain had fallen since 10 PM around the
Muskegon and Norton Shores area. At midnight... law enforcement
reported multiple vehicles were stuck in floodwaters.
Additional light to moderate rain is possible over the next few
hours. Flooding will continue on roadways in low spots and in areas
of poor drainage.
Do not drive your vehicle into areas where the water covers the
roadway. The water depth may be too great to allow your car to cross
safely. Move to higher ground.
Lat... Lon 4347 8621 4347 8604 4330 8604 4329 8579
4321 8579 4321 8591 4312 8591 4312 8627
4333 8640 4341 8644
Beach Hazard Statement
Statement as of 2:44 AM EDT on July 07, 2015
Expires 11:00 PM EDT on July 07, 2015
... Beach hazards statement remains in effect through this
* high wave action... strong currents and dangerous swimming
* Strong structural currents expected.
* Strong longshore currents expected.
* Rip currents possible.
* Location... beaches from Grand Haven to Manistee.
* Beaches with particularly dangerous conditions this afternoon
and evening in southerly flow include... Pere Marquette Park in
Muskegon. On Tuesday with north winds in place particularly
dangerous beaches include Stearns Park in Ludington... Mears
State Park in Pentwater and Muskegon State Park.
* Overview/potential impacts... north winds of 15 to 25 knots will
diminish to 10 to 20 knots this evening. Expect waves of 3 to 5
feet today into early this evening. A high swim risk is
expected into this evening due to the high winds and waves
causing strong long shore and strucural currrents.
High wave action makes swimming difficult and can tire even a
strong swimmer quickly.
Structural currents form along piers where longshore currents and
wave action flow into the structure. Structural currents can
sweep you out into deeper water along the pier structure.
A longshore current is a lake current that moves parallel to
shore. Longshore currents can be strong enough to prevent
swimmers from being able to keep their feet on the bottom...
making it difficult to return to shore.
Rip currents are powerful channels of water flowing quickly away
from shore... which occur most often at low spots or breaks in
sandbars. Rip currents can sweep you into deeper water.
Statement as of 1:21 AM EDT on July 07, 2015
... Record daily maximum rainfall set at Muskegon mi...
A record daily rainfall of 2.74 inches was set at Muskegon mi
yesterday... July 6. This breaks the old record of 0.70 inches set
- Alaska - Dense Smoke Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Flood Advisory , Record Report
- California - Flash Flood Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Colorado - Flood Warning
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Beach Hazard Statement
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Beach Hazard Statement
- Iowa - Special Statement
- Kansas - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Kentucky - Flood Warning
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Michigan - Areal Flood Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Minnesota - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Montana - Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- Nebraska - Record Report
- Nevada - Flash Flood Watch
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Oregon - Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- South Dakota - Flood Warning
- Tennessee - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Hydrologic Statement , Public Information Statement
- Texas - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Virginia - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- West Virginia - Special Statement
- Wisconsin - Special Statement , Record Report
- Wyoming - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report