Current Watches and Warnings
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 12:41 AM CDT on October 02, 2014
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on October 02, 2014
... Flash Flood Watch in effect through this evening...
The National Weather Service in St Louis has expanded the
* Flash Flood Watch to include portions of Illinois and
Missouri... including the following counties... in Illinois...
Adams IL... Brown IL... Calhoun IL... Greene IL... Jersey IL...
Macoupin IL... Montgomery IL and Pike IL. In Missouri... Knox
MO... Lewis MO... Lincoln MO... Marion MO... Pike MO... Ralls MO...
Shelby MO and Warren MO.
* Through this evening
* heavy rain is expected to come in waves of thunderstorms
overnight and during the day on Thursday. Rainfall amounts in
excess of 3 inches with locally higher amounts are possible.
* Heavy rainfall will result in flooding of low lying or poor
drainage areas... and ultimately dangerous flash flooding on
smaller creeks and streams. Significant rises on larger
streams and rivers will also be possible.
A Flash Flood Watch means that flash flooding is possible but not
imminent in the watch area. People in the watch area should be
aware of the possibility of heavy rainfall and flash flooding.
Check your preparedness requirements... especially if you live in
flood prone areas. Stay informed... and be ready for quick action
if flooding is observed or if a Flash Flood Warning is issued.
Statement as of 1:19 AM CDT on October 02, 2014
Expires 3:00 AM EDT on October 02, 2014
... Significant weather advisory for eastern Audrain and northern
Callaway counties in central Missouri... and Montgomery County in east
central Missouri... and southern Ralls and western Pike counties in
northeast Missouri until 200 am CDT...
At 117 am CDT... National Weather Service Doppler radar was tracking
strong thunderstorms along a line extending from center to Mexico to
7 miles northwest of Fulton... and moving east at 50 mph.
Wind gusts up to 50 mph are expected with these storms... along with
heavy rain and frequent dangerous lightning.
Locations near the path of these storms include...
This storm will affect Graham Cave State Park.
This storm will also impact...
Interstate 70 in Missouri from exit 144 to exit 179.
These storms may intensify... so be certain to monitor local radio and
TV stations... as well as local cable TV outlets... for additional
information and possible warnings from the National Weather Service.
Torrential rain... which may flood low lying areas such as ditches and
underpasses... is also likely. Do not drive your vehicle on a flooded
- Alaska - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Public Information Statement
- District of Columbia - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Florida - Flood Warning
- Georgia - Flood Warning
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory , High Wind Advisory
- Idaho - Frost Advisory
- Illinois - Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch
- Maryland - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Massachusetts - Areal Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Dense Fog Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Public Information Statement
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory
- Nevada - Freeze Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- New Hampshire - Public Information Statement
- New Mexico - Special Statement
- North Carolina - Record Report
- North Dakota - Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Special Statement
- Oregon - Freeze Warning , Freeze Warning, Frost Advisory
- Rhode Island - Public Information Statement
- Tennessee - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Texas - Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Special Weather Statement , Record Report
- Utah - Freeze Warning , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Coastal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Wisconsin - Dense Fog Advisory , Public Information Statement