Current Watches and Warnings
Areal Flood Watch
Statement as of 3:14 AM CDT on April 02, 2015
Expires 1:00 PM EDT on April 03, 2015
... Flood Watch in effect from this evening through Friday
The National Weather Service in Springfield has issued a
* Flood Watch for portions of southeast Kansas and Missouri...
including the following areas... in southeast Kansas...
Cherokee and Crawford. In Missouri... Barry... Barton...
Camden... Cedar... Christian... Dade... Dallas... Dent... Douglas...
Greene... Hickory... Howell... Jasper... Laclede... Lawrence...
Maries... McDonald... Miller... Newton... Oregon... Ozark...
Phelps... Polk... Pulaski... Shannon... stone... Taney... Texas...
Webster and Wright.
* From this evening through Friday morning
* widespread showers and thunderstorms with heavy rainfall will
impact the southern Missouri and far southeastern Kansas tonight
into Friday morning as an upper level disturbance and associated
cold front move slowly across the region. Total rainfall amounts
of one to two inches with locally higher amounts up to three
inches are expected.
* This excessive rainfall could result in flooding of streams...
low water crossings and other poor drainage areas. Significant
rises and flooding will be possible on larger main Stem rivers.
Those camping or floating on area rivers including the Ozarks
National Scenic riverways should be alert for rising water levels
and be prepared to seek higher ground if flooding develops.
River basins potentially impacted by flooding include the Big
Piney... little Piney... upper current... upper meramac... Jacks
Fork... Roubidoux... North Fork... and the eleven point.
A Flood Watch means there is a potential for flooding based on
You should monitor later forecasts and be alert for possible
flood warnings. Those living in areas prone to flooding should be
prepared to take action should flooding develop.
- Arizona - Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Record Report
- California - High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Freeze Warning , Frost Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Beach Hazard Statement , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Freeze Warning , Fire Weather Warning , Public Information Statement
- Delaware - Special Statement
- District of Columbia - Special Statement
- Florida - Special Statement
- Georgia - Special Statement
- Idaho - Freeze Warning , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch
- Iowa - Record Report
- Kansas - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Kentucky - Areal Flood Watch
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Lake Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Maine - Winter Weather Advisory
- Maryland - Special Statement
- Minnesota - Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Watch, Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Missouri - Areal Flood Watch
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory
- Nebraska - Record Report
- Nevada - Wind Advisory , Record Report
- New Jersey - Special Statement
- New Mexico - High Wind Warning , Fire Weather Warning
- New York - Wind Advisory
- North Carolina - Frost Advisory , Special Statement
- North Dakota - Flood Warning , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Ohio - Areal Flood Watch
- Oklahoma - Lake Wind Advisory
- Oregon - Freeze Warning
- Pennsylvania - Special Statement
- South Dakota - Fire Weather Warning
- Tennessee - Flood Advisory
- Texas - Flood Warning , High Wind Warning , Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch
- Utah - Freeze Warning , Hard Freeze Warning , Record Report
- Virginia - Frost Advisory , Special Statement
- Washington - Freeze Warning , Record Report
- West Virginia - Special Statement
- Wisconsin - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Wyoming - Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report