Current Watches and Warnings
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 2:55 AM CDT on July 06, 2015
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on July 08, 2015
... Flash Flood Watch in effect from this evening through
The National Weather Service in Springfield has issued a
* Flash Flood Watch for portions of southeast Kansas and
Missouri... including the following areas... in southeast
Kansas... Bourbon... Cherokee and Crawford. In Missouri...
Barry... Barton... Benton... Camden... Cedar... Christian... Dade...
Dallas... Dent... Douglas... Greene... Hickory... Jasper...
Laclede... Lawrence... Maries... McDonald... Miller... Morgan...
Newton... Phelps... Polk... Pulaski... St. Clair... stone...
Texas... Vernon... Webster and Wright.
* From this evening through Wednesday evening.
* Heavy rain will move into the area from the northwest this
evening... continuing periodically through at least Wednesday
afternoon. Rainfall amounts between two and five inches are
currently expected across the watch area... with locally higher
amounts possible. The heaviest rainfall amounts are currently
expected to fall along and northwest of a line from Joplin to
Lake of The Ozarks.
* Soils are already saturated across the region... and many
creeks... streams and rivers are already running above normal.
This additional rainfall is expected to lead to flooding of
streams and rivers in some areas... along with the flooding of
many low water crossings.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
- Alaska - Dense Smoke Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Arizona - Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Record Report
- California - Flash Flood Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Colorado - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Air Quality Alert
- Iowa - Special Statement
- Kansas - Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Michigan - Beach Hazard Statement
- Minnesota - Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Montana - Record Report
- Nebraska - Record Report
- Nevada - Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Watch
- North Carolina - Special Statement
- Ohio - Flood Warning
- Oklahoma - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- South Dakota - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- Tennessee - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Virginia - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Washington - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- West Virginia - Areal Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Wyoming - Special Statement , Record Report