Current Watches and Warnings
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 10:54 PM CDT on October 24, 2014
... Fall season 80 degree statistics...
Unseasonably warm weather is forecast this weekend into Monday for
the quad- state region. Temperatures by Monday look to be into the
lower 80s area wide which would be roughly 15 degrees above normal
for the last week in October. Normal highs this time of year are
typically in the mid to upper 60s.
A look at climate statistics for the area reveals that the average
last date in the fall season with a temperature of at least 80
degrees occurs on October 22nd at Paducah, October 19th at Cape
Girardeau, and October 18th at Evansville.
For Paducah this would be the latest occurrence of 80 degrees in a
fall season since 2005, when it occurred on November 8th.
For Cape Girardeau this would be the latest occurrence of 80 degrees
in a fall season since 2005, when it occurred on November 8th.
For Evansville this would be the latest occurrence of 80 degrees
in a fall season since 2003, when it occurred on October 29th.
Here is a look at historic records of 80 degrees in the fall
season for these locations:
... City... ... earliest... ... latest...
paducah: sept 27, 2009 Nov 20, 1942
cape girardeau: sept 27, 2009 Nov 14, 1964
evansville: sept 19, 1932 Nov 19, 1930
There is a good chance that this will be the last occurrence of 80
degree weather for the area until next Spring.
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arizona - Record Report
- Colorado - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Wind Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Illinois - Dense Fog Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Dense Fog Advisory
- Kansas - Record Report
- Kentucky - Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Record Report
- Missouri - Dense Fog Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Montana - Record Report
- Nebraska - Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Nevada - Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- North Carolina - Frost Advisory , Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , High Wind Warning, Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Texas - Air Quality Alert
- Utah - Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Virginia - Frost Advisory
- Washington - Wind Advisory
- West Virginia - Frost Advisory
- Wyoming - High Wind Watch , Record Report