Current Watches and Warnings
Montana, Southern Wheatland
High Wind Watch
Statement as of 2:45 PM MDT on March 27, 2015
Expires 2:00 AM EDT on March 29, 2015
... High wind watch remains in effect from Saturday afternoon
through Saturday evening...
* impacts... strong winds will result in dangerous travel
conditions for light weight and high profile vehicles. Minor
property damage could also occur.
* Timing... strongest winds will likely occur Saturday afternoon
into early Saturday evening.
* Winds... sustained west winds 30 to 40 mph with some gusts
around 60 mph.
Wind of this magnitude can cause property damage without extra
precautions. Motorists in high profile vehicles should use caution
until the winds subside... or choose alternate travel routes.
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 12:45 PM MDT on March 27, 2015
Expires 11:00 PM EDT on March 28, 2015
... Red flag warning in effect from noon to 9 PM MDT Saturday below
The National Weather Service in Billings has issued a red flag
warning below 7000 feet... which is in effect from noon to 9 PM MDT
* Impacts: low humidities... unseasonably warm temperatures...
strong gusty winds... and wind shift with a cold front will
create erratic fire behavior.
* Affected area:
in north central WY fire zone... .274.
In south central Mt fire zones... 123... 124... 125... 126... 127
In southeast Mt fire zones... 130... 131... 132.
In southeast Mt and northwest SD fire zone... .133.
* Counties affected:
in central Mt... Golden Valley... Musselshell... Wheatland.
In north central WY... Sheridan.
In northwest SD... Harding.
In south central Mt... Big Horn... Carbon... park... Stillwater
Sweet Grass... Yellowstone.
In southeast Mt... Carter... Custer... Fallon... Powder River
In southwest Mt... Gallatin.
* Cold front: a strong cold will push across the region Saturday
afternoon into early evening.
* Wind: west 25 to 35 mph. Gusts 45 to 60 mph.
* Humidity: 13 to 22 percent.
* Temperatures: 65 to 75.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions are
either occurring now... or will shortly. A combination of strong
winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.
Statement as of 7:00 PM MDT on March 27, 2015
... Record high temperatures set at Billings and Livingston Mt...
A record high temperature of 77 degrees was set at Billings Mt
today. This breaks the old record of 74 set in 1946.
A record high temperature of 74 degrees was set at Livingston Mt today.
This breaks the old record of 72 set in 1986.
- Alabama - Frost Advisory , Frost Advisory, Freeze Watch , Freeze Warning, Freeze Watch , Freeze Warning
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arizona - Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Freeze Warning , Public Information Statement
- California - Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Special Statement
- Florida - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Flood Warning , Freeze Watch , Freeze Warning, Freeze Watch
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Flood Warning
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Massachusetts - Areal Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Minnesota - Fire Weather Watch
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning , Freeze Warning, Freeze Watch
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Montana - High Wind Watch , Lake Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Nebraska - Fire Weather Warning
- Nevada - Record Report
- New York - Special Statement
- North Carolina - Freeze Warning, Freeze Watch , Freeze Watch , Freeze Watch, Freeze Warning
- North Dakota - Special Statement
- Ohio - Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Special Statement , Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Public Information Statement
- Rhode Island - Special Statement
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Freeze Watch , Freeze Warning, Freeze Watch
- South Dakota - High Wind Watch , Fire Weather Warning
- Tennessee - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Freeze Warning, Freeze Watch , Freeze Warning , Hard Freeze Warning, Hard Freeze Watch
- Texas - Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning
- Utah - Record Report
- Virginia - Freeze Warning, Freeze Watch
- Washington - Wind Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Wyoming - High Wind Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Record Report