Current Watches and Warnings
Fire Weather Watch
Statement as of 3:17 AM MDT on March 27, 2015
Expires 11:00 PM EDT on March 28, 2015
... Fire Weather Watch in effect from Saturday afternoon through
Saturday evening below 7000 feet...
The National Weather Service in Billings has issued a Fire Weather
Watch below 7000 feet... which is in effect from Saturday afternoon
through Saturday evening.
* Impacts: low humidities... unseasonably warm temperatures...
strong gusty winds... and wind shift with a cold front will
create erratic fire behavior and new fire starts.
* Affected area:
in north central WY fire zone... .274.
In south central Mt fire zones... 123... 124... 125... 126... 127
In southeast Mt fire zones... 130... 131... 132.
In southeast Mt and northwest SD fire zone... .133.
* Counties affected:
in central Mt... Golden Valley... Musselshell... Wheatland.
In north central WY... Sheridan.
In northwest SD... Harding.
In south central Mt... Big Horn... Carbon... park... Stillwater
Sweet Grass... Yellowstone.
In southeast Mt... Carter... Custer... Fallon... Powder River
* Cold front: a strong cold will push across the region Saturday
afternoon into early evening.
* Wind: southwest winds ahead of the front will shift to the
west and become strong. Expect sustained west winds behind the
front 25 to 40 mph with gusts as high as 60 mph.
* Humidity: 15 to 20 percent.
* Temperatures: well above normal... ranging from the mid 60s in
the western districts to upper 70s in the east.
A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions
are forecast to occur. Listen for later forecasts and possible red
- Alabama - Freeze Watch , Freeze Warning, Freeze Watch , Freeze Warning , Special Statement
- Alaska - Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Arizona - Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Freeze Watch
- California - Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Beach Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Flood Warning , Freeze Watch , Freeze Warning, Freeze Watch , Freeze Warning
- Idaho - Wind Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Iowa - Record Report
- Kentucky - Flood Warning
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Flood Watch
- Minnesota - Record Report
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Freeze Watch
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Freeze Watch
- Montana - High Wind Watch , Fire Weather Watch
- Nebraska - Fire Weather Watch
- Nevada - Record Report
- North Carolina - Freeze Warning , Freeze Warning, Freeze Watch , Freeze Watch
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Oklahoma - Flood Advisory
- Oregon - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Pennsylvania - Public Information Statement
- South Carolina - Flood Warning
- South Dakota - Fire Weather Watch
- Tennessee - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Freeze Warning , Freeze Watch , Freeze Warning, Freeze Watch , Hard Freeze Warning, Hard Freeze Watch , Special Statement
- Texas - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning
- Virginia - Freeze Warning, Freeze Watch
- Washington - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Record Report
- Wyoming - High Wind Watch , Fire Weather Watch