Current Watches and Warnings
Montana, Northern Park
Winter Storm Watch
Statement as of 4:29 AM MDT on March 09, 2014
Expires 2:00 PM EDT on March 11, 2014
... Winter Storm Watch remains in effect from Monday morning
through Tuesday morning...
A Winter Storm Watch remains in effect from Monday morning
through Tuesday morning.
* Timing... snow will develop Monday morning and continue through
Monday night before tapering off Tuesday morning. The period
of heaviest snowfall will be Monday night... especially along
the Red Lodge and beartooth foothills.
* Lower elevation snow accumulation... 6 to 12 inches of snow
are possible... with the higher amounts along the Red Lodge
and beartooth foothills.
* Mountain snow accumulations... 12 to 18 inches of snow are
possible in the Crazy Mountains and along the north facing
slopes of the beartooth Absaroka Mountains.
* Impacts... heavy snowfall may make travel hazardous and may
pose a threat to Young livestock. Additional water rises are
possible in areas that have experienced recent flooding.
A Winter Storm Watch is issued when severe winter weather is
possible but not imminent. At this time there is a potential for
significant snow. Future driving and walking conditions may
become hazardous so it is important to monitor the latest
Areal Flood Advisory
Statement as of 5:41 PM MST on March 08, 2014
Expires 1:30 AM EDT on March 10, 2014
... The Flood Advisory for melting snow remains in effect until 1130
PM MDT Sunday for Central Park County...
* most low elevation snow has melted in the immediate Livingston
vicinity... and no new flooding was reported in Livingston
Saturday. Flooding continues in the CLyde Park area.
* Small streams continue to run high and some roads remain impacted
by high water levels.
* Warmer temperatures will cause additional snow melt through Sunday
as significant snow pack remains over the Paradise and shields
river valleys. Residents along small streams and in low lying
areas should remain alert to rising water through the weekend.
This includes locations along the shields river... the Paradise
Valley and the higher slopes to the west of Livingston.
Most flood deaths occur in automobiles. Never drive your vehicle into
areas where the water covers the roadway. Flood waters are usually
deeper than they appear. Just one foot of flowing water is powerful
enough to sweep vehicles off the Road. When encountering flooded
roads make the smart choice... turn around... dont drown.
To report flooding... have the nearest law enforcement agency relay
your report to the National Weather Service forecast office.
Lat... Lon 4563 11079 4608 11079 4610 11048 4587 11029
4553 11028 4559 11046 4538 11056 4525 11078
- Alaska - Wind Chill Advisory , Winter Storm Watch , Special Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- California - High Wind Warning , Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Dense Fog Advisory
- Georgia - Flood Warning
- Hawaii - High Surf Warning
- Idaho - Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Special Statement
- Kentucky - Flood Warning
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Minnesota - Record Report
- Missouri - Special Statement
- Montana - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Winter Weather Advisory, Winter Storm Warning , Winter Storm Watch
- Nebraska - Areal Flood Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory
- New Hampshire - Special Weather Statement
- New Mexico - Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Advisory
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning
- Oklahoma - Special Statement
- Oregon - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Hydrologic Statement
- Tennessee - Flood Warning
- Texas - Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- Washington - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Wisconsin - Record Report
- Wyoming - Areal Flood Advisory , High Wind Warning , Special Statement , Public Information Statement