Current Watches and Warnings
Montana, Red Lodge Foothills
Winter Storm Warning
Statement as of 9:19 PM MDT on March 09, 2014
Expires 2:00 PM EDT on March 11, 2014
... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect from 3 PM Monday to
noon MDT Tuesday...
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow remains in effect from 3 PM
Monday to noon MDT Tuesday.
* Timing... rain Monday morning will turn to all snow by late
Monday afternoon. Snow will continue through Monday night before
tapering off Tuesday morning. The period of heaviest snowfall
will be Monday night.
* Snow accumulation... 6 to 12 inches of snow are expected.
* Impacts... heavy snowfall will make travel hazardous and will
pose a threat to Young livestock.
* Flooding impacts... liquid equivalent precipitation amounts will
be between a half inch and an inch. With above freezing
temperatures expected again on Tuesday... snow melt will begin
quickly and may cause additional flooding in locations which
have seen flooding this past week.
A Winter Storm Warning means a significant amount of snow is
expected or occurring. Strong winds are also possible. This will
make travel very hazardous or impossible.
Areal Flood Advisory
Statement as of 12:50 PM MDT on March 09, 2014
Expires 6:00 PM EDT on March 11, 2014
The National Weather Service in Billings has extended the
* Flood Advisory for...
melting snow in...
Big Horn County in south central Montana...
Carbon County in Montana...
* until 400 PM MDT Tuesday
* small stream and low land flooding continues across portions of
the area. The elevated water levels are a result of rapid lower
elevation snow melt.
* In Carbon County... areas of low land flooding continue and some
roads remain closed due to high water. There remains a significant
snow cover in western Carbon County... along and west of Highway
212... and water levels on small streams in this area will increase
today due to warmer temperatures.
* In Big Horn County... ice remains on the little Bighorn river from
near Lodge Grass to Hardin. With warmer temperatures today... ice
on the little Bighorn river may break up... causing fluctuating
water levels and areas of low land flooding along its banks. In
addition... County officials reported that many ditches and
culverts continue to run full... and there is water flowing over
some County roads.
* A storm system is expected to bring between a half inch and inch
of precipitation to the region Monday into early Tuesday... in the
form of rain and heavy wet snow. This additional moisture may
cause additional rises on rivers and streams... and will extend the
potential for low land flooding into Tuesday.
* Residents along rivers and streams as well as in low lying areas
should be on the look out for increased water levels and take
precautions if necessary.
Most flood deaths occur in automobiles. Never drive your vehicle into
areas where the water covers the roadway. Flood waters are usually
deeper than they appear. Just one foot of flowing water is powerful
enough to sweep vehicles off the Road. When encountering flooded
roads make the smart choice... turn around... dont drown.
To report flooding... have the nearest law enforcement agency relay
your report to the National Weather Service forecast office.
Lat... Lon 4500 10918 4532 10960 4562 10897 4564 10879
4547 10869 4546 10832 4552 10808 4589 10804
4590 10788 4599 10768 4605 10767 4605 10743
4596 10742 4596 10718 4587 10694 4568 10691
4568 10673 4518 10677 4518 10627 4500 10627
- Alaska - Wind Chill Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- Arizona - Fire Weather Watch
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Areal Flood Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Winter Weather Advisory
- Georgia - Flood Warning
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Flood Watch , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- Illinois - Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Flood Warning
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Michigan - Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Montana - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Winter Storm Warning, Winter Weather Advisory , Avalanche Warning
- Nebraska - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory
- New Hampshire - Special Weather Statement
- New Mexico - High Wind Watch , Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Advisory
- North Carolina - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning
- Oregon - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Hydrologic Statement
- South Dakota - Winter Storm Watch , Record Report
- Tennessee - Flood Warning
- Texas - High Wind Watch , Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- Washington - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Record Report
- Wisconsin - Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Watch , Record Report