Current Watches and Warnings
North Carolina, Buncombe
Freeze Warning, Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 5:47 AM EDT on October 31, 2014
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on November 01, 2014
406 am EDT Fri Oct 31 2014
... Freeze warning in effect from 11 PM this evening to 10 am EDT
The National Weather Service in Greenville-Spartanburg has issued
a freeze warning... which is in effect from 11 PM this evening to
10 am EDT Saturday.
* Locations... Rabun County Georgia... the French Broad valley of
North Carolina... and parts of the northern mountains.
* Temperatures... lows in the upper 20s early Saturday. Highs only
in the upper 30s Saturday afternoon.
* Impacts... the subfreezing temperatures will kill any remaining
crops and should end the growing season.
A freeze warning means sub-freezing temperatures are imminent or
highly likely. These conditions will kill crops and other
... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from 8 PM this
evening to 8 PM EDT Saturday...
* locations... Buncombe... Graham and northern Jackson counties.
* Hazards... accumulating snowfall.
* Timing... rain showers Friday evening will change over to snow
overnight as snow levels drop to the valley floors by daybreak
Saturday. Scattered snow showers will likely linger through
the day on Saturday... before ending Saturday evening.
* Accumulations... snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches... with
perhaps up to 5 inches on some ridgetops above 5000 feet.
* Impacts... the wet snow combined with very windy conditions
could produce isolated tree and power line damage. Road
surfaces may see slightly less snow accumulation... but bridges
and overpasses may become snow covered and icy.
* Temperatures... in the mid 30s.
* Winds... northwest 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 45 mph.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow will cause
travel difficulties. Be prepared for slippery roads and limited
visibilities late Friday night and Saturday... and use caution
Please report snow and ice accumulations by calling the National
Weather Service toll free at... 1... 800... 2 6 7... 8 1 0 1. Leave a
message with your observation and the specific location where it
occurred. You can also Post your report to National Weather
Service Greenville Spartanburg facebook or tweet your report
using hashtag nwsgsp. Additional details can be found at
- Alabama - Freeze Watch , Freeze Warning
- Alaska - Special Statement
- Colorado - Freeze Warning , Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Lake Wind Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Winter Storm Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- Illinois - Lakeshore Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Freeze Warning
- Iowa - Freeze Warning , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Freeze Warning
- Louisiana - Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory , Freeze Watch
- Michigan - Lakeshore Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , Lake Effect Snow Advisory
- Minnesota - Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Freeze Watch , Freeze Warning, Freeze Watch
- Missouri - Freeze Warning , Freeze Warning, Freeze Watch
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , Winter Storm Watch
- North Carolina - Freeze Warning , Freeze Warning, Winter Weather Advisory , Freeze Warning, Winter Storm Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- North Dakota - Wind Advisory
- Ohio - Freeze Watch , Freeze Warning, Freeze Watch , Special Statement
- Oklahoma - Freeze Warning, Lake Wind Advisory , Freeze Warning , Frost Advisory
- South Carolina - Lake Wind Advisory
- South Dakota - Wind Advisory
- Virginia - Frost Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- Washington - Flood Warning
- West Virginia - Winter Weather Advisory
- Wisconsin - Wind Advisory , Lake Effect Snow Advisory , Public Information Statement
- - Gale Warning