Current Watches and Warnings
North Carolina, Carteret
Beach Hazard Statement
Statement as of 4:03 AM EDT on May 03, 2015
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on May 03, 2015
... Beach hazards statement in effect through this evening north of
The National Weather Service in Newport/Morehead City has issued
a beach hazards statement... which is in effect through this
* Hazards... high threat of rip currents.
* Location... beaches north of Cape Lookout.
* Timing and tides... the most likely time for strong rip currents
to occur is a few hours either side of low tide. Low tide will
be around 2 PM EDT today.
Rip currents are powerful channels of water flowing quickly away
from shore... which occur most often at low spots or breaks in The
Sandbar and in the vicinity of structures such as groins...
jetties and piers. Heed the advice of lifeguards and the beach
patrol. Pay attention to flags and posted signs posted near beach
access points and lifeguard stations.
If you become caught in a rip current... do not panic. Remain calm
and begin to swim parallel to shore. Once you are away from the
force of the rip current... begin to swim back to the beach. Do
not attempt to swim directly against a rip current... since it can
exhaust and even kill the strongest swimmer.
- Alabama - Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - High Surf Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Georgia - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Special Statement
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Michigan - Fire Weather Warning
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Nevada - Record Report
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- North Carolina - Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Oregon - Public Information Statement
- South Carolina - Flood Warning
- South Dakota - Record Report
- Texas - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Virginia - Record Report
- Washington - Public Information Statement
- West Virginia - Record Report
- Wyoming - Record Report